2013 in Singapore
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- 9 January - Writ of election issued for Punggol East Single Member Constituency By-Election.
- 10 January - North East Line train disruption, from HarbourFront MRT Station to Outram Park MRT Station from 9.50am to 4.35pm. 
- 16 January - Nomination Day for Punggol East Single Member Constituency By-Election.
- 26 January - Lee Li Lian elected as MP for Punggol East Single Member Constituency.
- 21 January – MediaCorp Channel NewsAsia began broadcasting 24 hours daily.
- 10 February – The MediaCorp TV celebrates its 50-year anniversary it was established on 1963 (before on 16 February).
- 19 February – Singapore and Malaysia agrees to build the high-speed rail link between the city-state island republic and mainland towards Kuala Lumpur.
- 31 March – The MediaCorp TV Channel 5 celebrates its 50-year anniversary it was established on 1963 (before on 2 April).
- 17 June – Singapore is hit by the worst haze since 1997. The PSI levels reaches levels not seen since 2006, with a PSI of 155 recorded at 10pm, after air quality plummeted into the "Unhealthy" range at 2pm.
- 19 June – At 10pm, the 3-hour PSI reading set an all-time high record of 321 in the Hazardous range, surpassing the previous record of 226 during the 1997 haze. This is the first time that Singapore's PSI has entered the Hazardous range.
- 20 June – At 1 p.m., the 3-hour PSI reading reached record levels once again with a reading of 371 in the Hazardous range.
- 21 June – At 11am, the record was broken again, with a PSI of 400 in the "Hazardous" range.
- 21 June – The newly minted record was broken again at 12pm, with the PSI remaining in the "Hazardous" range with a reading of 401.
- 25 June - The 3rd series of Singapore's coins is released. However, old coins from the 1st and 2nd series remain legal tender.
- 9 August - Singapore celebrates its 48th year of independence and it is the last National Day Parade to be held at Marina Bay Floating Stadium before moving back to the New Singapore National Stadium in 2014.
- 18 August – The National Day Rally 2013 speech was delivered.
- Early November - Hackings started occurring, and the YouTube video of Anonymus Hacker Group's The Messiah threatening the Singapore government.
- 24 November – The MediaCorp TV Channel 8 celebrates its 50-year anniversary it was established on 1963 (before on 23 November).
- 8 December - Singapore saw a riot at Little India. 27 had been arrested, a lot of people are injured and several emergency vehicles were overturned. One smashed the bus front windscreen.
- 18 December - Circle MRT Line disrupted from 11.21pm to 4am for 23 out of 28 stations 
- 22 December - Opening of the Downtown MRT Line Stage 1, stretching from Bugis MRT Station to Bayfront and Chinatown MRT Station
- 29 December - Opening of the Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE), Singapore first undersea expressway.
- 22 September – Singapore hosted a leg of the 2013 Formula One World Championship, called the 2013 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix held at the Marina Bay Street Circuit in Singapore.
- 7 October - Veteran National football player and coach, V. Sundramoorthy resigned as LionsXII and National U-23 coach.
- 7 December - Fandi Ahmad appointed as LionsXII coach.
- "NEL services fully resumed at 4:35pm: SBS Transit". Channel NewsAsia. January 10, 2013.
- "S'pore PSI hits all-time high, PSI at 321 at 10pm". The Straits Times. 19 June 2013. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Haze reaches hazardous level; PSI hits 371". Channel NewsAsia. 20 June 2013. Archived from the original on 22 August 2013. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "PSI hits new all-time high of 401 on Friday". Channel NewsAsia. 21 June 2013. Archived from the original on 24 June 2013. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "New Singapore Third Series coins available at banks from June 25". Channel NewsAsia. 11 June 2013. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "The Singapore Third Series Coins". TODAYonline. 21 February 2013. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Train services at 23 Circle Line stations restored after power failure". Today (Singapore newspaper). Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Sundram resigns as LionsXII and National U-23 coach". TODAYonline. 7 October 2013. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Football: Fandi Ahmad appointed LionsXII head coach". Channel NewsAsia. Archived from the original on 19 December 2013. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
|This Singapore-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|