2013 in rail transport
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Years in rail transport
2012 in rail transport
2013 in rail transport
2014 in rail transport
This article lists events related to rail transport that are currently scheduled to occur in 2013. Please be aware that the actual dates that these events occur on may differ substantially from what is shown here.
- January 18 - Brand new V250-high speed EMU's taken out of Fyra-service definitely due to poor quality.
- January 28 - New Orleans Regional Transit Authority Loyola Avenue Streetcar Line opened.
- February 11 - Manchester Metrolink light rail system East Manchester line opened to Droylsden.
- February 24 – The platforms at Togoshi-kōen Station, on the Tokyu Oimachi Line in Shinagawa, Tokyo, Japan, are extended from three car lengths to five.
- April 14 - Utah Transit Authority's TRAX light rail Green Line extends service west from downtown Salt Lake City to the Salt Lake City International Airport.
- April 26 - RTD's W-Line light rail corridor extends service west from Denver Union Station to Golden. This is the first FasTracks corridor to be completed.
- May 10 – Norfolk Southern Railway announces the appointment of James A. Squires to become the railroad's new president effective 1 June.
- May 26 - National Express Group's LTS Rail franchise, c2c expires.
- May 27 - CapeFLYER summer weekend service from Boston, Massachusetts to Cape Cod begun.
- July 1 – Opening of Hangzhou–Ningbo High-Speed Railway and Nanjing–Hangzhou Passenger Railway.
- July 6 – 47 people are killed in explosions and fire after an unattended train carrying Bakken formation crude oil runs away and derails in Lac-Mégantic, Quebec. It becomes the deadliest rail accident in Canadian history since 1864.
- August 18 - Utah Transit Authority's TRAX light rail Blue Line extends service further south from Sandy to Draper.
- October 29 - Completion of Marmaray suburban rail project in Istanbul with official opening of its tunnel under the Bosphorus.
- December 8 - Utah Transit Authority's S Line (formerly known as Sugar House Streetcar) opens with service from South Salt Lake to the Sugar House neighborhood of Salt Lake City.
- – Phase 1 of the Dulles Corridor Metro Project, also known as the Silver Line, is expected to open as far as Reston, Virginia, connecting Fairfax County suburbs to the Washington Metro system.
- December 22 – Downtown MRT Line Phase 1 scheduled to open.
- December 28 – Opening of high speed Xiamen–Shenzhen Railway in southern China, fully completing the Hangzhou–Fuzhou–Shenzhen High-Speed Railway.
- December 28 - Wuhan Metro Line 4 and Suzhou Metro Line 2, including Zhengzhou Metro has been opened.
- December 29 - Shanghai Metro Lines 12 and 16 opened.
Unknown date events
- – A new line for passenger trains only connecting Harbin, Dalian, Changchun and Shenyang, is scheduled to open.
- – The first segment of a new high-speed rail line in Morocco between Tangier and Kenitra, a line that will eventually extend to Marrakech, is scheduled to open.
- – Completion of suburban rail network electrification in Auckland, New Zealand, sponsored by the regional council.
- – Completion of the first phase of Rail Baltica connecting Tallinn, Riga, Kaunas and Warsaw.
- 28 May – Isabel Benham, American railroad financial expert, dies (b. 1909).
- 23 August – Richard J. Corman, founder and owner of R.J. Corman Railroad Group, dies (b. 1955).
- Awards presented by the Japan Railfan Club
- "Capital Projects". New Orleans Regional Transit Authority. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- Kirby, Dean (4 December 2012). "Opening of Metrolink tram service to Droylsden delayed until February 2013". Manchester Evening News (Chadderton, England). Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- 東急大井町線戸越公園駅でのドアカット解消 [Selective door-opening eliminated at Togoshi-kōen Station on Tokyu Oimachi Line]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 25 February 2013. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Airport TRAX Line to Open April 14". Utah Transit Authority. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "RTD celebrates the successful grand opening of the West Rail Line" (PDF). Denver: RTD. 9 April 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- Norfolk Southern Corporation (10 May 2013). "Norfolk Southern Names Six to Senior Management Positions" (Press release). Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- Cassidy, Patrick (13 December 2012). "Weekend passenger rail service to run seasonally between Cape and Boston". The Standard-Times (New Bedford, Massachusetts). Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "New high-speed railways open to promote intercity development". Xinhua. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- Van Eyck, Zack (14 March 1999). "Bus routes will change when TRAX arrives". Deseret News (Salt Lake City: Deseret Digital Media). Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "西安地铁一号线15日正式通车试运营". 14 September 2013. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- Vo-Duc, Viviane (5 September 2013). "New streetcar S-line set to open Dec. 8 in Sugar House". Deseret News. Salt Lake City: Deseret Digital Media. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- Lazo, Luz (16 September 2012). "In Fairfax, bus service adjustments planned ahead of Silver Line opening". The Washington Post (Washington, D.C.). Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Xiamen-Shenzhen HSR expected to open to traffic by end of 2013". What's On Xiamen. 30 May 2012. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- "Work begins on Harbin-Dalian railway line". China Daily. 24 August 2007. Retrieved 24 August 2007.
- "France and Morocco in train deal". BBC News. 23 October 2007. Retrieved 23 October 2007.
- 'Transit' (2008). "Boost for NZ commuters". Electric Railway 53: 9.
- "Latvia to Begin Constructing Rail Baltica". RZD-Partner Portal. 18 April 2008.