2014 CECAFA Cup
||It has been suggested that 2015 CECAFA Cup be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since June 2015.|
|CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup|
The 2014 CECAFA Cup would have been the 38th edition of the annual CECAFA Cup, an international football competition consisting of national teams of member nations of the Council for East and Central Africa Football Associations (CECAFA). It was scheduled to take place in Ethiopia from 24 November to 9 December, but the nation withdrew from hosting the tournament in October due to "domestic and international engagements", according to CECAFA secretary-general Nicholas Musonye. Musonye also announced that Sudan as one of the countries that could have replaced Ethiopia as the hosts of the tournament.
After none of the 12 member nations of CECAFA expressed an interest in hosting the tournament on short notice, it was announced on 27 November that CECAFA had reportedly cancelled the competition, with Rwanda expected to host the 2015 edition of the competition.
- "CECAFA 2014: Cecafa has confirmed Ethiopia as the host the 2014 Senior Challenge Cup". CECAFA. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- Jackson Oryada (24 April 2014). "Ethiopia to host 2014 Cecafa Cup". BBC Sport. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Ethiopia withdraws from hosting CECAFA Challenge Cup 2014". Kawowo Sports. Kawowo Sports Media. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "Ethiopia withdraws as Cecafa Challenge Cup hosts". Goal.com. 31 October 2014. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "Rwanda: CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup Cancelled". The New Times. allAfrica.com. 27 November 2014. Retrieved 27 November 2014.