2014 FIFA World Cup qualification – CONCACAF First Round
This page provides the summaries of the CONCACAF First Round matches for 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification.
The matches were scheduled to be held prior to the main draw for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Originally, the first legs were scheduled for 3 June 2011 and the second legs on 7 June. However, the matches were postponed to scattered days in June and July, between 15 June and 17 July. The five winners advanced to the second round of the CONCACAF qualifiers.
- Dominican Republic
- British Virgin Islands
- Saint Lucia
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- U.S. Virgin Islands
|Team 1||Agg.||Team 2||1st leg||2nd leg|
|U.S. Virgin Islands||4–1||British Virgin Islands||2–0||2–1|
|Aruba||6–6 (4–5 p)||Saint Lucia||4–2||2–4 (a.e.t.)|
|Turks and Caicos Islands||0–10[note 1]||Bahamas||0–4||0–6|
|Hodgson 44', 86'||Report||McCaulay 24', 75', 83'
|Navarro 18', 42'
|U.S. Virgin Islands||2–0||British Virgin Islands|
|British Virgin Islands||1–2||U.S. Virgin Islands|
|Peters 38'||Report||Thomas 2'
|Santos de Gouveia 13'
D. Abdul 85'
|Saint Lucia||4–2 (a.e.t.)||Aruba|
|J. Joseph 14', 29', 71'
|Turks and Caicos Islands||0–4||Bahamas|
|Report||Jean 32', 61'
Hepple 36' (pen.)
|Bahamas||6–0||Turks and Caicos Islands|
|Gibson 4' (o.g.)
St. Fleur 17', 64', 73', 84', 90'
There were a total of 44 goals scored over 10 games, for an average of 4.4 goals per game.
- 5 goals
- 4 goals
- 3 goals
- 2 goals
- 1 goal
- 1 own goal
- Woody Gibson (playing against Bahamas)
- Order of legs reversed from originally published draw.
- As Montserrat had no facilities on the island that meet international standards, they elected to play their home tie in Trinidad and Tobago.
- The second leg was originally scheduled to be played on 19 June 2011 at FFB Field, Belmopan, but it was postponed as the FIFA Emergency Committee suspended the Football Federation of Belize (FFB) on 17 June due to severe governmental interference. The match had to be rescheduled no later than 10 July, provided that the situation is back to normal regarding the FFB and the suspension has been lifted by that date; if not, Belize would be excluded from the qualifying competition. On 7 July, FIFA announced that the suspension was provisionally lifted and the match will take place before 17 July outside of Belize. The FFB secured the qualifier to be played at Estadio Olímpico Metropolitano in San Pedro Sula, Honduras.
- As Anguilla had no facilities on the island that meet international standards, they elected to play their home tie in the Dominican Republic.
- "2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil – Preliminary Competition Format and Draw Procedure – North, Central and Caribbean Zone" (PDF). FIFA.com.
- "Play-off matches in CONCACAF". fifa.com. FIFA. 26 April 2011. Retrieved 26 April 2011.
- "Montserrat-Belize to open World Cup qualifying". CONCACAF.com. CONCACAF. 13 June 2011. Archived from the original on 18 June 2011. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
- "Concacaf Fixtures". fifa.com. FIFA. 8 June 2011. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
- "Minnows take marks on the road to Rio". FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 13 June 2011. Archived from the original on 22 July 2011. Retrieved 14 June 2011.
- Suspension of the Football Federation of Belize
- Belize-Montserrat qualifier postponed Archived 19 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Suspension of the Football Federation of Belize provisionally lifted
- Belize to play home qualifier in Honduras Archived 19 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Eliminatorias al mundial 8 y 10 de julio en el Estadio Panamericano" (in Spanish). Balompie Dominicano. 1 June 2011. Retrieved 14 June 2011.