2014 Giro del Trentino
|2014 UCI Europe Tour|
|Dates||22–25 April 2014|
|Distance||538.2 km (334.4 mi)|
|Winning time||14h 14' 03"|
The 2014 Giro del Trentino is the 38th edition of the Giro del Trentino cycling stage race. It started on 22 April in Riva del Garda and will end on 25 April on the top of Monte Bondone. The race will consist of four stages; it started with a team time trial on the same route of the first stage in the 2012 edition of the race, and will end on Monte Bondone for the queen stage. The race was part of the 2014 UCI Europe Tour, and was rated as a 2.HC event.
Australian rider Cadel Evans of BMC Racing Team won the General Classification, claiming the leader's jersey in second stage (won by the Italian Edoardo Zardini), and securing his lead by winning the third. Ag2r–La Mondiale's Domenico Pozzovivo was second in the General Classification and Przemysław Niemiec of Lampre–Merida was third. Colombian Leonardo Duque (Colombia) won the red jersey of the Intermediate Sprints Classification, Jonathan Monsalve of Venezuela (Neri Sottoli) won the King of the Mountains Classification and South African Louis Meintjes (MTN–Qhubeka) finished first in the Young Rider Classification. Astana won the Teams Classification.
The race was officially presented on 14 April in Trento.
The start list includes 16 teams. Among the riders, pre-race favourites were Cadel Evans (BMC Racing Team), Michele Scarponi (Astana) and Bradley Wiggins (Team Sky); other notable riders who are taking part in the race are Domenico Pozzovivo, Ivan Basso, Franco Pellizotti, Giovanni Visconti, Luis León Sánchez and Moreno Moser. The defending champion Vincenzo Nibali did not participate in the race.
- Professional Continental Teams
- 22 April 2014 — Riva del Garda to Arco, 14.3 km (8.9 mi) team time trial (TTT)
|Stage 1 Result
||General Classification after Stage 1
- 23 April 2014 — Limone sul Garda to San Giacomo di Brentonico, 164.5 km (102.2 mi)
|Stage 2 Result
||General Classification after Stage 2
- 24 April 2014 — Mori to Roncone, 184.4 km (114.6 mi)
|Stage 3 Result
||General Classification after Stage 3
- 25 April 2014 — Val Daone to Monte Bondone, 175 km (108.7 mi)
|Stage 4 Result
||Final General Classification
Classification leadership table
- ^ "Giro del Trentino puts all cards on the table: Official presentation in Trento on April 14th". Giro del Trentino. Gruppo Sportivo Alto Garda Arco. 2 April 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- ^ "Giro del Trentino — Stages". Giro del Trentino. Gruppo Sportivo Alto Garda Arco. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- ^ Pastonesi, Marco (22 April 2014). "Cronosquadre alla Bmc Daniel Oss è il primo leader" [Team time trial to BMC; Daniel Oss is the first leader]. La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). RCS Media Group. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- ^ "Cadel Evans moves into lead as Edoardo Zardini claims second stage". Sky Sports. BSkyB. 23 April 2014. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- ^ Wynn, Nigel (24 April 2014). "Cadel Evans strengthens Giro del Trentino lead with stage three win". Cycling Weekly. IPC Media. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- ^ "Trentino, tappa a Landa, classifica a Evans" [Trentino, Landa wins the stage, Evans the General Classification]. La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). RCS Media Group. 25 April 2014. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- ^ "Evans vs. Scarponi the big challenge, Wiggins the dark horse in Trentino". Giro del Trentino. Gruppo Sportivo Alto Garda Arco. 21 April 2014. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- ^ Pastonesi, Marco (21 April 2014). "Evans, Scarponi, Basso "Trentino", test per il Giro" [Evans, Scarponi and Basso in Trentino; test for the Giro]. La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). RCS Media Group. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- ^ O'Shea, Sadhbh (22 April 2014). "BMC win team time trial". Cyclingnews.com. Future plc. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- ^ O'Shea, Sadhbh (23 April 2014). "Zardini solos to Giro del Trentino stage 2 victory". Cyclingnews.com. Future plc. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- ^ "Evans wins stage 3 of Giro del Trentino". Cyclingnews.com. Future plc. 24 April 2014. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- ^ "Evans seals overall Giro del Trentino victory". Cyclingnews.com. Future plc. 25 April 2014. Retrieved 26 April 2014.