2014 Idaho Vandals football team
|2014 Idaho Vandals football|
|Conference||Sun Belt Conference|
|2014 record||1–10 (1–7 Sun Belt)|
|Head coach||Paul Petrino (2nd year)|
|Offensive coordinator||Kris Cinkovich (2nd year)|
|Defensive coordinator||Ronnie Lee (2nd year)|
|Home stadium||Kibbie Dome
|2014 Sun Belt football standings|
|Georgia Southern* $||8||–||0||9||–||3|
|New Mexico State||1||–||7||2||–||10|
The 2014 Idaho Vandals football team represented the University of Idaho in the 2014 NCAA Division I FBS football season. The Vandals are led by second year head coach Paul Petrino and play their home games on campus in Moscow at the Kibbie Dome. They finished the season 1–10, 1–7 in conference play to finish in a tie for ninth place.
Idaho returned to the Sun Belt Conference as a "football only" member in 2014; they previously competed in the conference in the same capacity from 2001 through 2004. Idaho was an independent for football in 2013. The team was ineligible for postseason play regardless of their final record due to an insufficient Academic Progress Rate.
|August 30||7:00 p.m.||at Florida*||Ben Hill Griffin Stadium • Gainesville, FL||ESPNU||Canceled[a]|
|September 6||4:00 p.m.||at Louisiana–Monroe||Malone Stadium • Monroe, LA||ESPN3||L 31–38||16,694|
|September 13||2:00 p.m.||Western Michigan*||Kibbie Dome • Moscow, ID||ESPN3||L 33–45||14,721|
|September 20||5:00 p.m.||at Ohio*||Peden Stadium • Athens, OH||ESPN3||L 24–36||25,211|
|September 27||3:00 p.m.||South Alabama||Kibbie Dome • Moscow, ID||ALT||L 10–34||14,887|
|October 4||5:00 p.m.||at Texas State||Bobcat Stadium • San Marcos, TX||ESPN3||L 30–35||21,345|
|October 11||3:00 p.m.||at Georgia Southern||Paulson Stadium • Statesboro, GA||ALT||L 24–47||23,250|
|October 18||2:00 p.m.||New Mexico State||Kibbie Dome • Moscow, ID||ALT||W 29–17||15,207|
|November 1||2:00 p.m.||Arkansas State||Kibbie Dome • Moscow, ID||ALT||L 28–44||11,082|
|November 8||3:30 p.m.||at San Diego State*||Qualcomm Stadium • San Diego, CA||RTRM||L 21–35||46,293|
|November 15||2:00 p.m.||Troy||Kibbie Dome • Moscow, ID||ALT||L 17–34||8,535|
|November 29||11:00 AM||at Appalachian State||Kidd Brewer Stadium • Boone, NC||ESPN3||L 28–45||19,721|
|*Non-conference game. Homecoming. #Rankings from AP Poll released prior to game. All times are in Pacific Time .|
- Schedule Source:
- ^[a] The game did not kickoff until 9:50 p.m. due to inclement weather. The game was again delayed due to lightning after 10 seconds of play during which Florida returned the Idaho kickoff to the Idaho 14-yard line. The game was called as "suspended" 40 minutes after the second delay due to unsafe field conditions.  Both schools' athletic directors decided on September 3 not to reschedule the game, thus declaring it a "no contest". Florida did agree to pay Idaho its promised fee of $975,000 and the schools agreed to schedule a game for the 2017 season.
- "2014 Idaho Vandals Football Schedule". FB Schedules. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- Harry, Chris (August 30, 2014). "Gators' Season Opener 'Suspended' After 1 Play - No Decision on Status for 2-3 Days". University of FLorida Department of Athletics. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- Long, Mark (August 30, 2014). "Idaho-Florida game postponed after lightning, rain". Associated Press. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- "Florida vs. Idaho game suspended due to weather". Southeastern Conference. August 30, 2014. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- Anderson, Cullen (September 3, 2014). "Florida Gators, Idaho Vandals won't make up suspended game". ESPN. Retrieved September 3, 2014.