2014 North Dakota elections
|Elections in North Dakota|
A general election was held in the U.S. state of North Dakota on November 4, 2014. Five of North Dakota's executive officers were up for election as well as the state's at-large seat in the United States House of Representatives. Primary elections were held on June 10, 2014.
Secretary of State
Non-profit director, former State Representative, and former State Senator April Fairfield ran for the Democrats. Businessman, perennial candidate, and Chairman of the Libertarian Party of North Dakota Roland Riemers ran for the Libertarians.
Commissioner of Agriculture
Goehring was the only Republican or Democrat to face a contested nomination for any statewide position. After he made insensitive comments to female staffers, farmer and nurse Judy Estenson challenged him for the Republican nomination. The North Dakota Farm Bureau, which Goehring was a former Vice President of, opposed his bid for re-election, and he announced that if did not win the Republican endorsement, he would run in the primary in June, though he ruled out running as an Independent in the general election. At the Republican convention on April 6, 2014, Goehring defeated Estenson by 624 votes to 245.
Goehring raised more money but Taylor, who ran on a platform of tighter regulation of the state's oil industry, is a strong campaigner and kept the race tight.
|Mellman Group[note 1]||May 5–8, 2014||600||± 4%||36%||36%||—||28%|
- Poll for the North Dakota Democratic-Nonpartisan League Party
Incumbent Republican Tax Commissioner Ryan Rauschenberger, who was appointed to the office on January 1, 2014, after Republican incumbent Cory Fong resigned to join the private sector, was elected to a first full term.
Public Service Commission
Two of the three seats on the North Dakota Public Service Commission were up for election.
Incumbent Republican Commissioner 2 Julie Fedorchak, who was appointed to the position in January 2013 after Kevin Cramer resigned to join the House of Representatives, was elected in a special election to fill the remaining two years of the term. State Senator Tyler Axness ran for the Democrats.
United States House of Representatives
|Democratic-NPL||George B. Sinner||95,678||38.48|
North Dakota Legislative Assembly
|North Dakota House of Representatives election, 2014|
|North Dakota Senate election, 2014|
- "2014 North Dakota Election Calendar" (PDF). North Dakota Secretary of State. March 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on November 1, 2014. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- "2014 Primary Election Contest/Candidate List". North Dakota Secretary of State. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "North Dakota Democrats endorse 4 state candidates". The Bismarck Tribune. March 29, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Official Results General Election". North Dakota Voting Information & Central Election Systems. North Dakota Secretary of State. November 4, 2014. Retrieved February 28, 2016.
- "Jaeger gets GOP nod for ND secretary of state". The Washington Times. April 6, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Fairfield comes out swinging in secretary of state's race". Bakken Today. March 27, 2014. Archived from the original on October 20, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Three N.D. Libertarians file to run for office". The Bismarck Tribune. February 5, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "ND ag commissioner admits to inappropriate comment". North Dakota Watchdog. February 4, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "ND Ag Department ex-staffer: Exit interviews 'a sham'". WDAY-TV. February 16, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Goehring defends leadership style, conduct with female staff". The Bismarck Tribune. February 4, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Who wins the Goehring, ND Farm Bureau split?". AG Week. February 17, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "ND ag commissioner says he would run in primary if he doesn't get GOP endorsement". AG Week. February 13, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Ag commissioner endorsement to cap ND GOP convention". AG Week. April 2, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Ag commissioner Goehring survives GOP endorsement challenge". WDAZ-TV. April 6, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Ryan Taylor outlines ag priorities". The Bismarck Tribune. March 14, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Race for North Dakota's agriculture commissioner is all about oil". Yahoo News. July 22, 2014. Retrieved September 11, 2014.
- "Dalrymple appoints Rauschenberger as tax commissioner". The Bismarck Tribune. November 8, 2013. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Cory Fong leaving tax department". The Bismarck Tribune. October 1, 2013. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Candidates announce for state tax commissioner's race". The Bismarck Tribune. February 5, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Fargo attorney to seek Dem-NPL endorsement for tax commissioner". WDAY-TV. February 4, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Fedorchak named to PSC". The Bismarck Tribune. November 30, 2012. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "ND GOP Convention Opens In Minot". KVRR. April 5, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Axness outlines goals in PSC race". The Bismarck Tribune. February 25, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "ND PSC chairman Brian Kalk gets GOP endorsement". The Washington Times. April 6, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Businessman Todd Reisenauer kicks off PSC campaign". The Bismarck Tribune. March 6, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.