2014 South American Games
|Nations participating||14 NOCs|
|Events||317 in 33 sports|
|Opening ceremony||March 7, 2014|
|Closing ceremony||March 18, 2014|
|Officially opened by||Sebastián Piñera|
|Main venue||Estadio Nacional Julio Martínez Prádanos|
The 2014 South American Games was a multi-sport event that took place in Santiago, Chile. It was the 10th edition of the ODESUR South American Games. Santiago hosted this event for the second time, the first being in 1986. Most of the events took place in and around the National Stadium. The games were held between March 7 to 18.
14 countries competed at the games, with the amount of athletes each country sent in parentheses.
The Chilean government said they would invest US$800,000 for the games.
- The Estadio Nacional Julio Martínez Prádanos is being renovated to seat 70,000 and get a new roof, inspired by Berlin's Olympiastadion.
- The Aquatic Center, Tennis Courts, Archery, Handball, Velodrome will be next to the Central Stadium.
Host nation (Chile)
- Countries and their athletes from the official website
- Passi Olivares, Felipe (13 September 2010). "El Nacional será para 70 mil personas". La Tercera (in Spanish). Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- "Chago, mascota oficial" (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 January 2016.