2014 UCI Road World Championships – Women's team time trial
|2014 UCI Road World Championships|
|Dates||21 September 2014|
|Distance||36.15 km (22.46 mi)|
|Winning time||43' 33.35"|
The Women's team time trial of the 2014 UCI Road World Championships took place in and around Ponferrada, Spain on 21 September 2014. The course of the race was 36.15 km (22.46 mi) with the start and finish in Ponferrada. It was the third edition of the team time trial event for UCI Women's Teams. Specialized–lululemon was the defending champion, having won both previous editions in 2012 and 2013.
Specialized–lululemon once again won the world title, finishing over a minute clear of their closest competitors, Orica–AIS. The bronze medal went to Astana BePink, after Rabo–Liv were severely delayed because of an incident that caused several members of the team to hit the ground.
|Events at the 2014 UCI|
Road World Championships
|Elite road race||men||women|
|Elite time trial||men||women|
|Elite team time trial||men||women|
|Under-23 road race||men|
|Under-23 time trial||men|
|Junior road race||men||women|
|Junior time trial||men||women|
Invitations were sent to the 25 leading UCI Women's Teams in the UCI Team Ranking as of 15 August 2014. Teams that accepted the invitation within the deadline had the right to participate. Every participating team had the opportunity to register nine riders from its team roster, with the exception of stagiaires, and had to select six riders to compete in the event.
Teams that did not accept the invitation are listed below in italics.
Top 25 as of 15 August 2014
The course for the women's team time trial was 36.15 km (22.46 mi) in length. The team time trial started in the centre of Ponferrada and passed through La Martina, Posada del Bierzo, Carracedelo and Cacabelos before returning to Ponferrada. The total elevation of the course was 198 m (650 ft). A few kilometres before the finish there was a climb with an incline of over 100 m (330 ft) and a maximum inclination of 7%. A short stretch before riding into Ponferrada was made for the championships.
|21 September 2014||10:00–11:25||Women's team time trial|
|21 September 2014||11:45||Victory ceremony|
- "Results / Résultats: Team Time Trial Women / Contre-la-montre par équipe femmes" (PDF). Sport Result. Tissot Timing. 21 September 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-09-24. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Racing Programme". mundialciclismoponferrada. Archived from the original on 2014-11-12. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Courses Elite Women ITT". mundialciclismoponferrada .com. Archived from the original on 2014-04-16. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Competition Guide Apendixes". UCI. Retrieved 15 April 2014.[permanent dead link]
- Elite Team Time Trial Entries Women Team Time Trial
- UCI. "Women Elite UCI Ranking Team". UCI. Archived from the original on 2014-08-26. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "Team time trial elite women (course)" (PDF). mundialciclismoponferrada .com. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Sport Competition Schedule" (PDF). mundialciclismoponferrada.com. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "Competitions Guide" (PDF). uci.ch. Retrieved 5 September 2014.