2014 in athletics (track and field)
|2014 in athletics|
Pentathlon medallists from the World Indoor Championships
|Major world events||World Indoor Championships
|New competitions||IAAF World Relays|
In 2014 there was no primary outdoor global athletics championship, as neither the Summer Olympics nor the World Championships in Athletics occurred in the year. The 2014 IAAF World Indoor Championships, and the 2014 IAAF Continental Cup were the foremost global events to be held in 2014. The 2014 IAAF World Relays marked the debut of the new international competition exclusively for relay races.
The Diamond League entered its fifth year as the foremost seasonal track and field series. The 2014 IAAF World Half Marathon Championships and the 2014 IAAF World Race Walking Cup were the highest level competitions for those disciplines. Major regional events which took place in 2014 include the European Championships, African Championships, and Commonwealth Games.
- 2014 British Athletics Championships
- 2014 German Athletics Championships
- 2014 Italian Athletics Championships
- 2014 Japan Championships in Athletics
- 2014 Russian Championships in Athletics
- 2014 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships
- Tokyo Marathon
- Boston Marathon
- London Marathon
- Berlin Marathon
- Chicago Marathon
- New York City Marathon
- nb1 Two faster women's marathon times were set at the 2014 Boston Marathon: 2:18:57 by Rita Jeptoo and 2:19:59 by Buzunesh Deba. The Boston Marathon course, however, is ineligible for record purposes. Jeptoo also failed a doping test prior to setting the time, making it an invalid one.
- Agent: Boston Marathon winner Rita Jeptoo failed doping test. USA Today (2014-10-31). Retrieved on 2015-02-07.
- Calendar. IAAF. Retrieved on 2014-04-18.
- Season's bests