2015–16 Philippine National Games
Various (Metro Manila, Zamboanga del Sur and Antique)
(Qualification and National Finals for selected sports)
The 2015–16 Philippine National Games was a national multi-sport event. A series of smaller multi-sport events were held in three separate venues and legs in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. Some sports also served as qualifying events for National Finals to be hosted by the province of Pangasinan from March 7–11, 2016.
|Luzon||July 2–6, 2015||Metro Manila||Rizal Memorial Sports Complex, PhilSports Complex, Marikina Sports Complex.||Athletics, Archery, Arnis, Badminton, Boxing, Chess, Karate, Billiards, Swimming, Taekwondo||Table tennis, Cycling, Wrestling, Baseball, Lawn tennis, Fencing, Judo, Sepak Takraw, Volleyball, Football, Dancesport, Waterpolo, Rugby|
|Mindanao||September 10–14, 2015||Pagadian, Zamboanga del Sur||Softball, Futsal|
|Visayas||November 10–14, 2015||Antique||Pencak Silat, Weightlifting, Muay Thai|
|Luzon||November 21, 2015||Subic||Triathlon|
|Luzon||March 7–11, 2016||Lingayen, Pangasinan||Arnis, Athletics, Badminton, Billiards, Boxing, Chess, Karatedo, Swimming, Taekwondo, Cycling, Dancesports, Futsal, Judo, Lawn tennis, Muay Thai, Pencak silat, Sepak takraw, Table tennis, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Wrestling|
|(*) May be participated by athletes from Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.|
There are 10 sports events which also served as qualifiers for the finals to be held in 2016 which were held in all three legs of the games. Only athletes from the hosting region are eligible to participate in these qualifying events. (e.g. Athletes from Luzon can only participate in the Luzon leg, and so on). The other events can be participated by athletes from any region. The non-qualifying events were scattered across the three legs with the Luzon leg hosting most number of events.
- Leongson, Randolph (23 June 2015). "Philippine National Games to hold 3 qualifying legs nationwide". INQUIRER.net. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- Macob, Johanne Margarette (1 February 2016). "Pangasinan set to host Philippine National Games in March". Inquirer Northern Luzon. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Philippine National Games 2015" (PDF). Philippine National Games. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "2-IN-ONE TRIATHLON EVENT SET IN SUBIC". Malaya. 4 January 2016. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- "Elite athletes, masusubok sa PNG Finals (Elite athletes to be tested in the PNG Finals)" (in Tagalog). Balita. March 3, 2016. Retrieved March 3, 2016.
- Oredo, Angelito (30 January 2016). "22 sports paglalabanan sa Philippine National Games". Bandera. Retrieved 4 February 2016.