2015 FIM Cross-Country Rallies World Championship
|2015 FIM Cross-Country Rallies World Championship|
Austria's Matthias Walkner, riding a KTM, was the winner of the championship by 7 points ahead of Great Britain's Sam Sunderland, who also rode a KTM. Walkner won the season's fourth event, the Sardegna Rally Race, while Sunderland was the winner of the final event, the Rallye OiLibya du Maroc. Third place in the championship, 11 points further behind Sunderland, went to the best-placed Honda rider, Paulo Gonçalves. Defending champion Marc Coma finished fourth, after announcing his retirement midway through the season – he was the only rider to win more than one event, winning the first two events at the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge and the Sealine Cross-Country Rally. Two other riders won races in 2015; Pablo Quintanilla won his home event at the Atacama Rally, and Poland's Jakub Piątek won the Rallye des Pharaons.
|1||27 March – 2 April||Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge|
|2||20–24 April||Sealine Cross-Country Rally|
|3||12–16 May||Rallye des Pharaons|
|4||6–11 June||Sardegna Rally Race|
|5||30 August – 5 September||Atacama Rally|
|6||3–9 October||Rallye OiLibya du Maroc|
|Round||Rally name||Podium finishers|
|1||Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge||1||Marc Coma||KTM 450 Rally||14:49:05|
|2||Sam Sunderland||KTM 450 Rally||15:01:00|
|3||Pablo Quintanilla||KTM 450 Rally||15:09:21|
|2||Sealine Cross-Country Rally||1||Marc Coma||KTM 450 Rally||19:56:48|
|2||Joan Barreda||Honda CRF 450 Rally||20:01:28|
|3||Paulo Gonçalves||Honda CRF 450 Rally||20:03:21|
|3||Rallye des Pharaons||1||Jakub Piątek||KTM 450 Rally||17:44:59|
|2||Juan Carlos Salvatierra||KTM 450 Rally||17:48:18|
|3||Mohammed Balooshi||KTM 450 Rally||19:21:03|
|4||Sardegna Rally Race||1||Matthias Walkner||KTM 450 Rally||16:30:26|
|2||Armand Monleón||KTM 450 Rally||16:32:59|
|3||Hélder Rodrigues||Yamaha WR450F||16:35:32|
|5||Atacama Rally||1||Pablo Quintanilla||KTM 450 Rally||11:07:34|
|2||Matthias Walkner||KTM 450 Rally||11:10:23|
|3||Sam Sunderland||KTM 450 Rally||11:10:48|
|6||Rallye OiLibya du Maroc||1||Sam Sunderland||KTM 450 Rally||15:38:00|
|2||Matthias Walkner||KTM 450 Rally||15:38:34|
|3||Paulo Gonçalves||Honda CRF 450 Rally||16:07:08|
- Points for final positions were awarded as follows:
|6||Mohammed Al Balooshi||613||109||319||811||Ret3||55|
- A total of 152 riders scored championship points.
- "FIM Cross Country Rallies Commission: 2015 Provisional Calendars, 2 December" (PDF). OiLibya Rally. NPO Events. 2 December 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
- Sturtridge, Tim (9 October 2015). "Watch Al-Attiyah drive to World Cup win in Morocco". RedBull.com. Red Bull GmbH. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
There was also another impressive ride for Austrian motocross star turned rally raid rider, Matthias Walkner, as he picked up second overall. The Red Bull KTM Factory Team rider was a Dakar rookie this time last year, but his astonishing rate of progress has seen him claim the title of 2015 FIM World Cross-Country Rallies Champion following a string of successful results this year.
- "Marc Coma retires". Crash.net. Crash Media Group. 3 July 2015. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- "Final Official Classification Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge 2015: Moto-Quad" (PDF). Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge. Automobile and Touring Club of the United Arab Emirates. 2 April 2015. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
- "Final Official Classification Sealine Cross-Country Rally 2015: Moto-Quad" (PDF). Sealine Cross-Country Rally. Qatar Motor & Motorcycle Federation. 24 April 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 September 2015. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "Final Official Classification Rallye des Pharaons 2015: Moto-Quad". Rallye des Pharaons. Rallye des Pharaons. 16 May 2015. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
- "Final Official Classification Sardegna Rally Race 2015: Moto-Quad" (PDF). Sardegna Rally Race. Federazione Italiana Cronometristi. 28 June 2015. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "Final Official Classification Atacama Rally 2015: Moto-Quad". Atacama Rally. Asociación Cordobesa de Regularidad y Rally. 5 September 2015. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- "Final Official Classification Rallye OiLibya du Maroc 2015: Moto-Quad". Rallye OiLibya du Maroc. NPO Events. 9 October 2015. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- "Rankings – Riders". FIM. Retrieved 5 September 2015.