2015 Giro del Trentino
|2015 UCI Europe Tour|
|Dates||April 21, 2015–April 24, 2015|
|Distance||526.5 km (327.2 mi)|
|Winning time||13hr 43' 41"|
The 2015 Giro del Trentino was the 39th edition of the Giro del Trentino cycling stage race. The official name of the race was Giro del Trentino-Melinda, as the former one-day race Trofeo Melinda merged with the Giro del Trentino due to financial issues. For this reason, the last stage of Giro del Trentino passed through Val di Sole and Val di Non, on the traditional route of the Trofeo Melinda. The race started on 21 April in Riva del Garda and ended on 24 April in Cles. The race consisted of four stages; as in the recent years, the first was a team time trial from Riva del Garda to Arco. The race was part of the 2015 UCI Europe Tour, and is rated as a 2.HC event.
The race has been won by Team Sky's Australian rider Richie Porte, who took the leader's jersey after winning the second stage. Spaniard Mikel Landa of Astana was second and Porte's team mate Leopold König was third. Colombian Rodolfo Torres of Colombia claimed the Mountains classification, Cesare Benedetti (Bora–Argon 18) won the Intermediate Sprints classification, and MTN–Qhubeka's South African Louis Meintjes finished first in the Young Rider classification as in the 2014 edition. Astana won the Teams classification
14 teams were selected to take place in the 2015 Giro del Trentino. Four of these were UCI WorldTeams; twelve were UCI Professional Continental teams; one was a UCI Continental team; one was a national team.
UCI Professional Continental teams
- 21 April 2015 — Riva del Garda to Arco, 13.3 km (8.3 mi) team time trial (TTT)
- 22 April 2015 — Dro to Brentonico (Parco del Baldo), 168.2 km (104.5 mi)
- 23 April 2015 — Ala to Fierozzo Val dei Mòcheni, 183.8 km (114.2 mi)
- 24 April 2015 — Malè to Cles, 161.5 km (100.4 mi)
Classification leadership table
King of the Mountains classification
Intermediate sprints classification
Young Rider classification
- ^ a b "Da Giro del Trentino e Trofeo Melinda nasce Giro del Trentino-Melinda". Trofeo Melinda – Official Website (in Italian). 7 January 2015. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- ^ "Giro del Trentino-Melinda 2015 - General Classification". www.procyclingstats.com. Retrieved 2015-04-07.
- ^ "The “new” Giro del Trentino Melinda welcomes the rising stars", Giro del Trentino – Official Website. 8 April 2015. Retrieved 11 April 2015
- ^ a b Pastonesi, Marco (22 April 2015). "Trentino, il sigillo di Porte: "E pensare che non mi sentivo al massimo"". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). RCS Media Group. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- ^ a b Pastonesi, Marco (24 April 2015). "Trentino, Tiralongo vola a Cles. A Porte il Giro". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). RCS Media Group. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- ^ a b Frattini, Kirsten (24 April 2015). "Richie Porte seals Giro del Trentino overall win". CyclingNews. Future plc. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- ^ "The Route". Giro del Trentino – Official Website. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- ^ Pastonesi, Marco (21 April 2015). "Trentino, Benedetti leader: "So a memoria il percorso"". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). RCS Media Group. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- ^ Pastonesi, Marco (23 April 2015). "Giro del Trentino, assolo di Pozzovivo: "Ho trovato il momento perfetto"". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). RCS Media Group. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- ^ "Giro del Trentino-Melinda 2015 - General Classification". ProCyclingStats. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- ^ "The Jerseys", Giro del Trentino – Official Website. 2015. Retrieved 11 April 2015