2015 Major League Baseball draft
|Date(s)||June 8–10, 2015|
|Location||Secaucus, New Jersey|
|Network(s) (US)||MLB Network|
|First round selections||42|
The 2015 Major League Baseball (MLB) First-Year Player Draft was held from June 8 through June 10, 2015, to assign amateur baseball players to MLB teams. The draft order is the reverse order of the 2014 MLB season standings. As the Diamondbacks finished the 2014 season with the worst record, they had the first overall selection. In addition, the Houston Astros had the 2nd pick of the 2015 draft, as compensation for failing to sign Brady Aiken, the first overall selection of the 2014 MLB Draft.
Twelve free agents received and rejected qualifying offers of $15.3 million for the 2015 season, entitling their teams to compensatory draft choices if they are signed by another team. The team signing the player will lose their first round choice, though the first ten picks are protected. The New York Mets surrendered their first round pick (15th overall) to sign Michael Cuddyer, while the Colorado Rockies gained a supplementary pick. The Toronto Blue Jays lost their pick for signing Russell Martin, giving a compensatory pick to the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Boston Red Sox surrendered their second- and third-round picks (Boston's first pick is protected) to sign Pablo Sandoval and Hanley Ramírez. The San Francisco Giants and Los Angeles Dodgers received supplementary picks.
First round selections
|*||Player did not sign|
Competitive Balance Round A
Other notable selections
- Compensation picks
- Compensation pick for failing to sign Brady Aiken in the 2014 draft.
- Compensation pick for the New York Mets signing Michael Cuddyer
- Compensation pick for the Minnesota Twins signing Ervin Santana
- Compensation pick for the Chicago White Sox signing Melky Cabrera
- Compensation pick for the Chicago White Sox signing David Robertson
- Compensation pick for the Boston Red Sox signing Pablo Sandoval
- Compensation pick for the Toronto Blue Jays signing Russell Martin
- Compensation pick for the San Diego Padres signing James Shields
- Compensation pick for the Washington Nationals signing Max Scherzer
- Compensation pick for the Boston Red Sox signing Hanley Ramírez
- Compensation pick for the Seattle Mariners signing Nelson Cruz
- The Astros acquired the 37th pick from the Miami Marlins along with Jake Marisnick, Colin Moran, and Francis Martes for Jarred Cosart, Enrique Hernández, and Austin Wates.
- The Braves acquired the 41st pick from the San Diego Padres along with Carlos Quentin, Cameron Maybin, Matt Wisler, and Jordan Paroubeck in exchange for Craig Kimbrel and Melvin Upton, Jr.
- The Dodgers acquired the 74th pick, Ryan Webb, and Brian Ward from the Baltimore Orioles in exchange for Ben Rowen and Chris O'Brien.
- The Braves acquired the 75th pick from the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for Víctor Reyes.
- "All 12 major league baseball free agents decline qualifying offers - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- "New York Mets sign Michael Cuddyer to two-year deal - ESPN New York". ESPN.com. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- "Blue Jays Sign Russell Martin". MLB Trade Rumors. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- "Boston Red Sox introduce Pablo Sandoval, Hanley Ramírez - ESPN Boston". ESPN.com. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- Dean Kremer Becomes First Israeli Citizen Picked in MLB Draft, by San Diego Padres
- "Astros ship Jarred Cosart to Marlins in 6-player deal". Houston Chronicle. July 31, 2014. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- O'Brien, David (April 5, 2015). "Braves deal Kimbrel, Upton to Padres". Atlanta Journal Constitution. Retrieved April 5, 2015.
- Dilbeck, Steve (April 9, 2015). "Dodgers pick up reliever Ryan Webb from the Orioles". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved April 14, 2015.