2015 SportsCar Grand Prix
The 2015 Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix presented by Hawk Performance was a professional sports car racing event held at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park near Bowmanville, Ontario on July 12, 2015. The race was the seventh round of the 2015 United SportsCar Championship season and the event marked the 30th IMSA sanctioned sports car race held at the facility.
For 2015, the Tudor Championship race featured the Prototype (P) and GT Le Mans (GTLM) classes alongside the Prototype Challenge (PC) class which replaced the GT Daytona (GTD) class which competed at the 2014 edition of the Grand Prix.
The race was won overall by Jordan Taylor and Ricky Taylor, driving a Corvette Daytona Prototype for Wayne Taylor Racing. They finished just ahead of a similar car driven by Action Express Racing pairing Dane Cameron and Eric Curran, while the podium was completed by the Ligier JS P2 of Michael Shank Racing, driven by Oswaldo Negri Jr. and John Pew. In eighth place overall, CORE Autosport won the Prototype Challenge class with drivers Jon Bennett and Colin Braun, while the GT Le Mans honors were taken by Porsche North America – run by CORE Autosport – in twelfth place overall, with a Porsche 911 RSR driven by Patrick Pilet and Nick Tandy.
The race was broadcast live by Fox Sports on Fox Sports 1 in the United States and on Fox Sports Racing in Canada, Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. The event was televised internationally by Motors TV in Europe and Network Ten in Australia.
|United SportsCar Championship on Fox Sports|
|Booth Announcers||Pit reporters|
|Announcer||Bob Varsha||Brian Till|
The race was broadcast by IMSA Radio with announcers John Hindhaugh and Jeremy Shaw calling the race on IMSA.tv and radiolemans.com, which was simulcast on Sirius channel 117 satellite radio and on 90.7 FM at the track.
|Booth Announcers||Pit reporters|
|Announcer||John Hindhaugh||Shea Adam|
Support race results
|CTSC||Prototype Lites||GT3 Cup USA||MX-5 Cup|
|GS|| Jade Buford
|Race 1||Kenton Koch||Elliott Skeer||Chad McCumbee|
|ST|| Spencer Pumpelly
Luis Rodriguez Jr.
|Race 2||Clark Toppe||Elliott Skeer||Patrick Gallagher|
- "IMSA announces 2015 Tudor United SportsCar Championship schedule". Autoweek.com. August 12, 2014. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- Pruett, Marshall (August 10, 2014). "IMSA: 2015 TUDOR Championship schedule revealed". Racer.com. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- Nesbitt, Wally (November 19, 2014). "CTMP unveils 2015 major events schedule". Inside Track Motorsport News. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- "Taylor brothers beat Action Express". Autosport. Haymarket Publications. July 12, 2015. Retrieved July 12, 2015.
- Dagys, John (July 12, 2015). "Taylor holds off Cameron for CTMP win". Fox Sports. Fox Broadcasting Company. Retrieved July 12, 2015.
- Cole Smith, Steven (July 12, 2015). "Taylor brothers take Corvette to CTMP victory lane". Motorsport.com. Motorsport.com, Inc. Retrieved July 12, 2015.
- Dagys, John (July 12, 2015). "Porsche Dominates GTLM at CTMP". Sportscar365. John Dagys Media, LLC. Retrieved July 12, 2015.
- "Official Race Report" (PDF). International Motor Sports Association. July 12, 2015. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- "IMSA Finalizes TUSC, CTSC TV Schedules". sportscar365.com. February 6, 2015. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix official website
- IMSA.com Canadian Tire Motorsport Park event page
- on YouTube
- IMSA Radio 2015 SportsCar Grand Prix Race Broadcast
|United SportsCar Championship|
6 Hours of Watkins Glen
|2015 season||Next race:|
Northeast Grand Prix