2016 AFF Championship
The 2016 AFF Championship will be the eleventh edition of the AFF Championship, the football championship of Southeast Asia. It will be co-hosted by Myanmar and the Philippines, during the month of December of that year.
At the 11th ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) Council meeting in Naypyidaw on 21 December 2013, Myanmar and the Philippines were named as co-hosts of the tournament. This will mark the first time that both nations will host the regional tournament.
The Philippine Football Federation is having talks with the Negros Occidental Football Association regarding the possibility of hosting matches at the Panaad Stadium in Bacolod. Iloilo City is also being eyed as the second host venue for the games. The ASEAN Football Federation has also inspected the Philippine Sports Stadium to assess it capability to host matches of the AFF Championship.
Also during the AFF Council Meeting in Naypyidaw, Myanmar, Cambodia were named as hosts for the qualification tournament. The top seven teams at the 2014 AFF Suzuki Cup including the qualifiers, automatically qualifies for the final round. Myanmar and the Philippines automatically qualifies to the final round as hosts. 
- "Vietnam to host 2016 U-16 Youth Championship". Malaysian Digest. 2015-10-26. Retrieved 2015-11-01.
- "Myanmar and Philippines to Host AFF Suzuki Cup 2016". ASEAN Football Federation. 22 December 2013. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Galunan, Jerome Jr. (25 November 2015). "Panaad eyed to host 2016 Suzuki Cup". Watchmen Daily Journal. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "AFF to Organize ASEAN All-Stars Charity Match". ASEAN Football Federation. 21 December 2013. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Hein Soe Tun (20 December 2014). "Myanmar to host 2016 Asean Championship (AFF Suzuki Cup)". Myanmar Football Federation. Retrieved 21 December 2014.