2016 American Society of Cinematographers Awards
|31st ASC Awards|
|Date||February 4, 2017|
|Site||Hollywood & Highland Ray Dolby Ballroom|
|Cinematography in Theatrical Releases||Lion|
The 31st American Society of Cinematographers Awards were held on February 4, 2017 at the Hollywood & Highland Ray Dolby Ballroom, honoring the best cinematographers of film and television in 2016.
The television nominees were announced on December 6, 2016, while the film nominees were announced on January 11, 2017. The usual "Regular Series" category was separated into two categories this year—"Regular Series for Non-Commercial Television" and "Regular Series for Commercial Television".
- 1 Winners and nominees
- 1.1 Board of Directors Award
- 1.2 Film
- 1.3 Television
- 1.4 Other awards
- 2 References
Winners and nominees
Board of Directors Award
Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography in Theatrical Release
- Greig Fraser, ASC, ACS – Lion
The Spotlight Award recognizes outstanding cinematography in features and documentaries that are typically screened at film festivals, in limited theatrical release, or outside the United States.
- Gorka Gómez Andreu, AEC – House of Others
Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography in Regular Series for Non-Commercial Television
- Fabian Wagner, BSC – Game of Thrones (Episode: "Battle of the Bastards") (HBO)
Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography in Regular Series for Commercial Television
- Tod Campbell – Mr. Robot (Episode: "eps2.0_unm4sk-pt1.tc") (USA)
Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography in Television Movie, Miniseries, or Pilot
- Igor Martinovic – The Night Of (Episode: "Subtle Beast") (HBO)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Edward Lachman, ASC
- Career Achievement in Television: Ron García, ASC
- International Award: Philippe Rousselot, ASC, AFC
- Presidents Award: Nancy Schreiber, ASC
- Robb, David; N'Duka, Amanda. "ASC Awards: 'Lion' Wins Cinematographers' Top Film Prize – Complete Winners List". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 5, 2017.
- "American Society of Cinematographers Reveals Nominees in Television Categories". Retrieved January 4, 2017.
- Giardina, Carolyn. "'Arrival,' 'Lion' Among American Society of Cinematographers Nominees". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- "Denzel Washington to be Honored With ASC Board of Governors Award". Retrieved January 4, 2017.