2016 in South Korea
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|See also:||Other events of 2016|
Years in South Korea
Timeline of Korean history
2016 in North Korea
- President: Park Geun-hye (Powers and duties suspended as of December 9, 2016), Hwang Kyo-ahn (Acting President as of December 9, 2016)
- Prime Minister: Hwang Kyo-ahn
- March 11–15 - 2016 World Short Track Speed Skating Championships in Seoul
- April 13 - South Korean legislative election, 2016
- November 1 - Choi Soon-sil, the woman at the center of the South Korean political scandal involving President Park Geun-hye, is detained for questioning.
- November 12 - In Seoul, a big protest occurs due to the Choi Soon-sil's political scandal, and the corruption of Park Geun-hye.
- December 9 - South Korean lawmakers impeach President Park Geun-hye by a 234–56 vote. Prime Minister Hwang Kyo-ahn, a staunch defender of Ms. Park, will serve as acting president. South Korea's Constitutional Court has up to 180 days to render a final decision.
- List of South Korean films of 2016
- 2016 in South Korean music
- 2016 in South Korean football
- Years in South Korea
- "Choi Soon-sil: South Korean prosecutors arrest woman at centre of political scandal". 1 November 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2016.