2017 Bhopal–Ujjain Passenger train bombing
The 2017 Bhopal–Ujjain Passenger train bombing was a terrorist attack that occurred on March 7, 2017 on the Bhopal–Ujjain Passenger, a passenger train which runs between Bhopal Junction railway station of Bhopal, the capital city of Madhya Pradesh and Ujjain Junction railway station. The bombing occurred at Jabri railway station in the Shajapur district of Madhya Pradesh, injuring 10 passengers. It was stated to be the first-ever strike in India by the so-called Islamic State. One of the terrorist suspect was later killed in an encounter in Lucknow. It was stated by the police that the module was self-radicalised and didn't receive any financial support from the group. Six persons were later arrested. National Investigation Agency (NIA) probe reports stated that the ISIS-inspired module had also conspired to bomb a rally of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
On March 19, Indian authorities told the media that the terrorists related to this attack tried to flee India and go to Syria or Iraq.
- Jabri railway station
- List of rail accidents (2010–present)
- List of Indian rail incidents
- List of terrorist incidents in India
- List of terrorist incidents in March 2017
- "Bhopal-Ujjain passenger train blast: Pipe bomb used for explosion, confirms MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan". Zee News. March 8, 2017.
- 8 injured in Bhopal-Ujjain passenger train blast
- Bhopal-Ujjain train blast a terrorist attack, says Madhya Pradesh top cop
- Nine injured in blast in Bhopal-Ujjain passenger train
- "Lucknow encounter: 6 from UP held after train blast, 2 holed up". The Indian Express. 2017-03-08. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- Sahu, Manish (March 9, 2017). "Bhopal-Ujjain passenger train explosion: Arms, passports found in house, 7th arrest made". Indian Express.
- Singh, Vijaita (March 9, 2017). "Man shot dead in Lucknow, others were self-radicalised, says U.P. ATS chief". The Hindu.
- "Ujjain train blast marks first IS attack in India; 10 injured". Times of India. March 8, 2017.
- "Terror train: Islamic State's first attack in India should lead to security re-evaluation". Times of India. March 9, 2017.
- No proof of IS link in Lucknow encounter, terror suspect Saifullah self-radicalised: Police Hindustan Times
- ISIS module in Ujjain train blast made failed bid to bomb PM's rally: NIA Business Standard