2017 Extreme Sailing Series
|Dates||8 March – 3 December 2017|
The 2017 Extreme Sailing Series are the eleventh edition of the sailing series and the seventh year of it being a fully global event. In 2017 the series continues in the GC32 foiling catamaran after the series moved away from the Extreme 40 in 2016.
Act 1: Muscat, Oman
The first act of the series was held again in Muscat, Oman, on the weekend of 8–11 March 2017 .
Act 2: Qingdao, China
As last year, Qingdao, China was the host of the second act of the 2017 series, on the weekend of 28 April to 1 May 2017.
Act 3: Funchal, Madeira Islands
For the second time, Madeira hosted the series as the third act in Marina Funchal, on the weekend of 29 June to 2 July 2017.
Act 4: Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona, Spain hosted the fourth act, on the weekend of 20–23 July 2017.
Act 5: Hamburg, Germany
Act 5 was held in Hamburg, Germany for the third time, on 10–13 August 2017.
Act 6: Cardiff, UK
Act 7: San Diego, United States
San Diego, United States will be a venue for the series this year, due to be held on 19–22 October 2017.
Act 8: Los Cabos, Mexico
The defending champions also won the title in 2008 and 2014.
The team includes Ernesto Bertarelli (skipper/helm), Arnaud Psarofaghis (skipper/helm), Nicolas Charbonnier (tactician), Nils Frei (headsail trimmer), Yves Detrey (bowman) and Timothé Lapauw (foil trimmer).
Land Rover BAR Academy
The Ben Ainslie Racing academy team consists of Rob Bunce (skipper/bowman), Chris Taylor/Owen Bowerman (helmsman), Sam Batten (headsail trimmer), Oli Greber/Adam Kay/Matt Brushwood (trimmer/floater) and Elliot Hanson/Will Alloway (mainsail trimmer).
NZ Extreme Sailing Team
Red Bull Sailing Team
SAP Extreme Sailing Team
Lupe Tortilla Demetrio
Helmed by John Tomko, the team included Jonathan Atwood, Matthew Whitehead and Tripp and Trevor Burd.
Results as of 01 June 2018.
|Rank||Team||Act 1||Act 2||Act 3||Act 4||Act 5||Act 6||Act 7||Act 8||Overall Points|
|1||SAP Extreme Sailing Team||12||9||12||10||11||12||12||20||98|
|4||Red Bull Sailing Team||9||8||9||11||10||9||10||18||84|
|5||Land Rover BAR Academy||7||11||7||7||8||7||7||16||70|
|6||NZ Extreme Sailing Team||8||7||8||8||9||8||8||14||70|
- "GC32s to replace Extreme 40s". Extreme Sailing Series. 24 August 2015. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- Harriett, Ferris (25 August 2015). "Extreme Sailing Series move to super-light GC32 foiling catamarans for 2016 season". Yachting World. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- "Alinghi". extremesailingseries.com. Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- "Land Rover BAR Academy". extremesailingseries.com. Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- "Oman Air". extremesailingseries.com. Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- "Red Bull Sailing Team". extremesailingseries.com. Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- "SAP Extreme Sailing Team". extremesailingseries.com. Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Countdown to Extreme Sailing Series San Diego >> Scuttlebutt Sailing News". 12 October 2017. Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- "Extreme Sailing Series – Results". Extreme Sailing Series. Retrieved 29 May 2017.