2017 Hero Tri-Nation Series
|Dates||19–24 August 2017|
|Teams||3 (from 3 confederations)|
|Venue(s)||1 (in 1 host city)|
|Champions||India (1st title)|
|Runners-up||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|Goals scored||7 (2.33 per match)|
|Top scorer(s)||7 tied (1)|
The 2017 Hero Tri-Nation Series was a 3-team association football tournament held at the Mumbai Football Arena in the Indian city of Mumbai between the 19th and 24th of August 2017. The tournament was organized by the AIFF as part of the senior men team's preparation for the third round of 2019 AFC Asian Cup qualification matches.  The tournament naming rights were purchased by Hero MotoCorp which also sponsors the national team. The tournament received criticism from at least one media outlet, citing that the ₹3.7cr spent to organize the tournament was significantly more than the entire yearly budget for the women's national team. The tournament was originally scheduled to take place at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Chennai but was changed the week before the tournament because of financial disagreements with the stadium's operators. India Head coach Stephen Constantine revealed that the intention was to hold a 4-team tournament with India competing against teams from the Caribbean, Africa, and Asia. However another Asian team did not participate. India won the tournament with a 1–1 draw with Saint Kitts and Nevis on the final matchday.
With FIFA Rankings, as of August 10, 2017
|2||Saint Kitts and Nevis||2||0||2||0||2||2||0||2|
|R. Singh 37'
B. Singh 62'
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||1–1||Mauritius|
|Rogers 87'||Report||19' Sarah|
|India||1–1||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|J. Singh 38'||Report||72' Amory|
- 1 goal
- "India face Mauritius in Tri-nation Series on August 19". Times of India. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- Sarmah, Bhargab. "AIFF's multi-million splurge on tri-nation football series defies logic". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- Sarmah, Bhargab. "Chennai out, tri-nation football series venue switch burns hole in AIFF's pocket". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 19 August 2017.
- Bal, Sarthac. "India vs Mauritius in tri-nation football, Stephen Constantine may test bench". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 19 August 2017.
- Sengupta, Bihan. "India win Tri-nation football series after draw with St Kitts & Nevis". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 24 August 2017.