2017 IAAF World U18 Championships
|Host city||Nairobi, Kenya|
|Main venue||Moi International Sports Centre|
The 2017 IAAF World U18 Championships was the tenth and last edition of the biennial international athletics competition for youth (under-18) athletes. The five-day competition took place between 12–16 July at the Moi International Sports Centre in Nairobi, Kenya. Eligible athletes were aged 16 or 17 on 31 December 2017 (born in 2000 or 2001).
The United States, Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, South Korea and Italy decided not to take part in the championships for organizational, logistical, and health and safety reasons (concerning athletes still underage).
|4 x 400 metres relay
Bruno Benedito da Silva
Giovana Rosália dos Santos
Alison Brendom dos Santos
|3:22.23|| South Africa
Zeney van der Walt
* Medalists who participated in heats only.
|1||South Africa (RSA)||5||3||3||11|
|Czech Republic (CZE)||1||0||0||1|
|Chinese Taipei (TPE)||0||1||0||1|
|Turks and Caicos Islands (TCA)||0||0||1||1|
|Totals (27 nations)||39||38||38||115|
- Independent Athletes were not included in the official medal table.
- "World Youth Championships cancelled starting from 2018, latest IAAF Council in Rio decided". Track Arena. August 21, 2016.
- "IAAF: World U18 Championships Nairobi 2017 website". iaaf.org. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- "Non ci sarà una rappresentativa italiana ai Mondiali U18 di Nairobi 2017" (in Italian). sportfair.it. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Is Nairobi 2017 snub case of double standards by teams?". standardmedia.co.ke. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "IAAF: IAAF World U18 Championships Nairobi 2017 Medal Table - iaaf.org". iaaf.org.