2017 IQA European Games
|Dates||7–9 July 2017|
|Administrator(s)||International Quidditch Association |
|Pool play |
Single elimination bracket
|Venue(s)||Haraløkka Sports Complex|
The 2017 IQA European Games were the second European championship for the sport of quidditch. The tournament was held on 7–9 July 2017 in Oslo, Norway and was hosted by the Norges Rumpeldunkforbund and local club OSI Vikings. All European IQA member nations in good standing were allowed to compete. The winners of the tournament were the United Kingdom, who defeated the defending champions France 90*-70 in the final. France subsequently took the silver medal and Norway won the bronze, after defeating Belgium 140*-80. This tournament marked the United Kingdom's first international gold medal at quidditch.
The following 15 teams have registered to compete:
|Team||Previous appearances in tournament[a]|
|Belgium||3 (2014, 2015, 2016)|
|Catalonia||2 (2015, 2016)|
|France||4 (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)|
|Germany||2 (2015, 2016)|
|Ireland||2 (2015, 2016)|
|Italy||2 (2015, 2016)|
|Netherlands||2 (2015, 2016)|
|Norway (host)||2 (2015, 2016)|
|Poland||2 (2015, 2016)|
|Spain||2 (2015, 2016)|
|Turkey||2 (2015, 2016)|
|United Kingdom||4 (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)|
The tournament followed the usual two stage format with a group stage on Day One and a bracket on Day Two. The 15 participating teams were divided into three five-member stacked groups according to their previous World Cup standing, with Group A comprising the five highest-ranked teams and Group C the five lowest-ranked teams. Following the group stage, all teams within each group were seeded according to their performance and moved on to the bracket.
|Round of 16||Quarter-finals||Semi-finals||Final|
|Match 9||Match 26|
|First round||Fifth place|
Round of 16 consolation
- Bold: winner, Italics: host.
Odd years are European Games, even years are World Cups.
- 120 cap
- "Roster for the European Games 2017 announced". Deutscher Quidditchbund. 2 May 2017. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- "European Games 2017 - Team Introductions". International Quidditch Association. 6 July 2017. Archived from the original on 6 October 2018. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- "Velkommen til Oslo! MuggleNet Attends the European Quidditch Games 2017!". MuggleNet. 10 July 2017. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- "Muggles Head to Oslo for the Quidditch European Games". Culture Trip. 6 July 2017. Retrieved 17 June 2019.