2017 Malaysia Cup
|TM Piala Malaysia 2017|
|Champions||Johor Darul Ta'zim|
|Goals scored||201 (3.3 per match)|
|Top goal scorer(s)||Sandro (9 goals)|
|Best player||Gonzalo Cabrera|
The 2017 Malaysia Cup began on August with a preliminary round. A total of 16 teams took part in the competition. The teams were divided into four groups, each containing four teams. The group leaders and runners-up teams in the groups after six matches qualified to the quarterfinals.
Kedah were the defending champions.
The final was played at the Shah Alam Stadium in Shah Alam on 4 November 2017. It was the eleventh time that final has been held in Shah Alam, Selangor. The final was contested by the defending champions, Kedah, and Johor Darul Ta'zim. Johor Darul Ta'zim won the match 2–0, with goals from Aidil Zafuan and Gonzalo Cabrera. With that win, Johor Darul Ta'zim secured their second trophy of the 2017 season after successfully retaining the Super League title.
- 1 Format
- 2 Number of teams by states
- 3 Round and draw dates
- 4 Seeding
- 5 Group stage
- 6 Knockout stage
- 7 Statistics
- 8 References
- 9 External links
In the competition, the top eleven teams from the First Round of 2017 Malaysia Super League were joined by the top five teams from the First Round of 2017 Malaysia Premier League. The teams were drawn into four groups of four teams.
Number of teams by states
|3||Selangor||Selangor, PKNS and UiTM|
|2||Pahang||Pahang and Felda United|
|Perak||Perak and PKNP|
|Terengganu||Terengganu and T–Team|
|1||Johor||Johor Darul Ta'zim|
|Kuala Lumpur||Kuala Lumpur|
|Negeri Sembilan||Negeri Sembilan|
Round and draw dates
The draw for the 2017 Malaysia Cup was held on 22 May 2017 at Sri Pentas, Persiaran Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya on live telecast Scoreboard Extra Time with the participating team coaches and captains in attendance.
|Phase||Round||Draw date||First leg||Second leg|
|Group stage||Matchday 1||22 May 2017
|4 July 2017|
|Matchday 2||7–8 July 2017|
|Matchday 3||18 July 2017|
|Matchday 4||29 July 2017|
|Matchday 5||1–2 August 2017|
|Matchday 6||9 September 2017|
|Knockout stage||Quarter-finals||15–16 September 2017||24 September 2017|
|Semi-finals||15 October 2017||21 October 2017|
|Final||4 November 2017 at Shah Alam Stadium, Shah Alam, Selangor|
|Pot 1||Pot 2||Pot 3||Pot 4|
| Johor Darul Ta'zim
|1||PKNP||6||3||2||1||9||9||0||11||Advance to Quarter-finals||—||1–1||2–0||4–1|
|1||Perak||6||5||1||0||13||3||+10||16||Advance to knockout phase||—||2–1||2–0||2–0|
|1||Kedah||6||5||0||1||17||5||+12||15||Advance to knockout phase||—||2–0||2–0||1–0|
|1||Johor Darul Ta'zim||6||4||1||1||16||4||+12||13||Advance to knockout phase||—||3–1||4–0||5–0|
- In the draw for the quarter final, the fourth group winners were seeded, and the fourth group runners-up were unseeded. The seeded teams were drawn against the unseeded teams, with the seeded teams hosting the second leg. Teams from the same group or the same association could not be drawn against each other.
- In the draws for the quarter-finals onwards, there were no seedings, and teams from the same group or the same association could be drawn against each other.
|Johor Darul Ta'zim||2|
|Johor Darul Ta'zim||1||3||4|
|Johor Darul Ta'zim||4||1||5|
The first legs were played on 15 & 16 September 2017, and the second legs were played on 24 September 2017.
|Team 1||Agg.||Team 2||1st leg||2nd leg|
|Melaka United||2–5||Johor Darul Ta'zim||1–4||1–1|
The first legs were played on 15 October 2017, and the second legs were played on 21 October 2017.
|Team 1||Agg.||Team 2||1st leg||2nd leg|
|Perak||1–4||Johor Darul Ta'zim||1–1||0–3|
|Kedah||0–2||Johor Darul Ta'zim|
- As of 4 November 2017
|1||Sandro da Silva||Kedah||9|
|4||Mohammed Ghaddar||Johor Darul Ta'zim||6|
|6||Thiago Augusto||FELDA United||4|
|Ifedayo Olusegun||FELDA United|
|1||Mohd Afif Amiruddin||PKNP||Pahang||7/7/2017||1|
|Annas Rahmat||T–Team||Negeri Sembilan||7/7/2017|
|Hasbullah Abu Bakar||Perak||Johor Darul Ta'zim||15/10/2017|
- As of matches played on 4 November 2017
|1||Izham Tarmizi||Johor Darul Ta'zim||4|
|3||Haziq Nadzli||Johor Darul Ta'zim||2|
|Abdul Hadi Hamid||Kedah|
|Kamarul Effandi||Kuala Lumpur|
|Suffian Abdul Rahman||Terengganu|
|Thiago Augusto Fernandes||FELDA United||Kuala Lumpur||1 – 4||29 July 2017|
|Akanni-Sunday Wasiu||UiTM||Melaka United||5 – 3||9 September 2017|
|Shahrel Fikri||PKNP||FELDA United||1 – 3||15 September 2017|
- Foo, Seng (12 September 2017). "Shah Alam Stadium confirmed for 2017 Malaysia Cup final". stadiumastro. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- Anil, Nicolas (4 November 2017). "Aidil, Cabrera on target as JDT beat Kedah to win first Malaysia Cup". ESPN. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- "Full Time Summary Final – Kedah v Johor Darul Ta'zim". FAM. Football Association of Malaysia. 4 November 2017. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Statistical Leaders – 2017". ligamalaysia.net. Retrieved 16 September 2017.