2017 President of Ireland's Cup
|Date||17 February 2017|
|Venue||Turner's Cross, Cork|
The 2017 President's Cup was the fourth President's Cup contested for. The match was played between 2016 League of Ireland Premier Division champions Dundalk and 2016 FAI Cup winners Cork City on 17 February 2017, at Turners Cross. Cork City won the game 3-0, with goals from Seán Maguire, Kevin O'Connor and Karl Sheppard, making Cork City the first team to retain the trophy. This was the second successive match between the sides, and Dundalk's third successive appearance in the competition.
Sean Maguire opened the scoring for Cork City in the 15th minute when Garry Buckley hit a long pass over the top which Maguire received and ran at Paddy Barrett before running to the left and firing low left footed thru the legs of Dundalk goalkeeper Gabriel Sava from a tight angle. Kevin O’Connor got the second goal of the game in the 68th minute when he curled left footed into the left corner of the net from a free-kick on the left just outside the penalty box. Sheppard got the third goal for Cork City in injury time when he cut in from the right and hit a low right footed shot from inside the six yard box into the corner of the net.
|Cork City||3 - 0||Dundalk|
- "Cork hit Dundalk for three to retain President's Cup". RTÉ. 18 February 2017. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Cork City make light work of Dundalk to retain President's Cup". Irish Times. 17 February 2017. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Cork City net 3-0 victory against Dundalk at Turner's Cross". Irish Mirror. 17 February 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "Five wins out of six against Dundalk but Cork City remaining grounded". The 42. 20 February 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "Cork City take the season's first silverware with 3-goal triumph over Dundalk". The 42. 17 February 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "Cork City show early intent with sparkling win over Dundalk in President's Cup". Irish Examiner. 20 February 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2017.