2017 in Albania
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other events of 2017|
List of years in Albania
The following lists events in the year 2017 in Albania.
- 18 February - The opposition during a protest held in Tirana, announced that all the opposition parties will boycott the parliament because of the current situation in the country.
- 12 March - Four ministers of the government resign amid corruption accusations by the opposition.
- 4 April - The opposition announced that the opposition parties would boycott the June legislative elections if their demands are not met.
- 28 April - The fourth round of the presidential election was held. The opposition boycotted the election, while the majority chose the incumbent Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic and former Prime Minister Ilir Meta as President of Albania with 87 votes.
- 9 May - Albania competes in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 with Lindita Halimi and her song World but fails to qualify for the grand final
- 18 May - Political leaders met in Tirana, accepting the package deal offered by the EU and US. The political crisis came to an end.
- 23 May - New caretaker government voted in the parliament. Six ministers and the vice-prime minister, proposed by the opposition, were voted by majority. 
- 25 June - Voters go to the polls to vote in a parliamentary election which would determine the EU's enlargement with Albania joining.
- 1 December At least one person dies after heavy flooding with another three injured and 18 homes destroyed. 
- "Albania's prime minister announces replacement of four ministers".
- New Ministers Voted, Caretaker Government Officially on Duty Albania Daily News
- "Exit Polls Indicate Socialist Majority After Albanian Parliamentary Elections".
- 1 dead after major flooding strikes Albania to start December
- "Albanian writer Dritero Agolli dies at 85". globaltimes.cn. Retrieved 4 February 2017.