2017 in Argentina
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other events of 2017|
List of years in Argentina
Predicted and scheduled events
- Martín Fierro Awards ceremony
- January 1: Celebrations of the New Year's Eve in Villa Gesell end in a police incident, with 15 people detained.
- January 2: The government buys four armed ships to Israel, to patrol the national borders.
- January 4
- The government proposes to reduce the age of criminal responsibility from 16 to 14 years old.
- The national chamber of criminal affairs reject a request to liberate Milagro Sala.
- Governor María Eugenia Vidal vetoes a law in the Buenos Aires Province that would have allowed people from below and above the age of consent to attend nightclubs together at cities below 30,000 residents.
- Minister Carolina Stanley undergoes medical treatment in the lungs.
- January 10: More than 2,000 manteros in the vicinity of the Once railway station are driven away by the police.
- January 11
- Mauricio Macri announces an investment plan for Vaca Muerta.
- Leonardo Meirelles, sentenced in the Operation Car Wash, reveals that he had transferred half a million dollars to Gustavo Arribas, head of the Federal Intelligence Agency of Argentina (AFI), in 2013.
- Former governor Daniel Scioli meets Pope Francis.
- January 14: It became known that the President-elect of the United States Donald Trump praised the role of Argentina in South America.
- January 15: The government proposed to limit the arrival of immigrants with a criminal record.
- January 16: A flood strikes the Santa Fe Province.
- January 19
- January 20: A leaked audio reveals an old phone conversation between then president Cristina Kirchner and the head of the SIDE Oscar Parrilli. In the audio they discuss dummy judicial cases started against the spy Antonio Stiuso.
- January 22: A report announces a recovery in the economy.
- January 27
- The government halts a raise in wages in the banking system of 20%, which would be above the expected inflation rate.
- Fire at the San Nicolas Cathedral, in Rosario
- The government rejects a proposal to keep the Fútbol para todos program for six additional months.
- January 28: 250 foreign fishing ships are detected at the border of the Argentine Sea
- January 30: Jorge Olivera, at large since 2013, is recaptured.
- February 1: Judge Ariel Lijo open the case based on the investigations by the late Alberto Nisman.
- February 2: Retail shops start a new price system.
- October 17 - the body of missing activist Santiago Maldonado is found in the Chubut River, two and a half months after his disappearance under suspicious circumstances after Maldonado was allegedly detained by the Gendarmerie during the repression of an indigenous protest Chubut.
- January 9: Politician José María Díaz Bancalari
- January 13: Folk singer Horacio Guarany.
- January 23: Television presenter Julieta Magaña
- April 11: Politician Alberto Balestrini
- "Quince detenidos y varios heridos en un enfrentamiento entre jóvenes y la policía en Villa Gesell" [15 detained people and several injured in a fight between youngsters and the police in Villa Gesell] (in Spanish). La Nación. January 1, 2017. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- "El Gobierno le compró a Israel cuatro lanchas y sistemas para el control de fronteras por US$ 84 millones" [The government bought four ships and systems to Israel, for the control of the frontiers, for US$84 millions] (in Spanish). La Nación. January 2, 2017. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- "El Gobierno impulsa un debate sobre la baja de la edad de imputabilidad, pero quiere que se trate después de las elecciones" [The government proposes a debate over a reduction of the age of criminal responsibility, but want it to be treated after the elections] (in Spanish). La Nación. January 4, 2017. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- "Rechazan un pedido de "inmediata libertad" para Milagro Sala" [They reject a request of "immediate freedom" for Milagro Sala] (in Spanish). La Nación. January 4, 2017. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- Eduardo D'Argenio (January 4, 2017). "María Eugenia Vidal vetó una ley que permitía juntar adultos y menores en boliches" [María Eugenia Vidal vetoed a law that allowed to mix adults and minors in nightclubs] (in Spanish). La Nación. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- "La ministra Carolina Stanley fue operada y evoluciona favorablemente" [Minister Carolina Stanley was treated and evolves favourably] (in Spanish). La Nación. January 4, 2017. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- "Así fue el desalojo de los manteros" [This was the removal of the manteros] (in Spanish). La Nación. January 10, 2017. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- Santiago Dapelo (January 11, 2017). "Vaca Muerta: Macri quiere extender a más sectores la reducción del costo laboral" [Vaca Muerta: Macri wants to extend to more areas the labor cost reduction] (in Spanish). La Nación. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- Hugo Alconada Mon (January 11, 2017). "Un operador de Odebrecht le giró US$ 600.000 al jefe de inteligencia argentino" [An Odebrecht operator sent US$ 600,000 to the Argentine chief of intelligence] (in Spanish). La Nación. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- "El papa Francisco recibió a Daniel Scioli en el Vaticano" [Pope Francis met Daniel Scioli at the Vatican] (in Spanish). La Nación. January 11, 2017. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- Silvia Pisani (January 14, 2017). "Ante analistas, Trump destacó el rol de la Argentina en la región" [Trump praised the role of Argentina in the region] (in Spanish). La Nación. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- "Recapturaron al represor Jorge Olivera, que estaba prófugo desde 2013" [They recaptured the repressor Jorge Olivera, who was at large since 2013] (in Spanish). La Nación. January 30, 2017. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- "Se reactiva la denuncia de Nisman contra Cristina Kirchner: el juez Lijo ordenó medidas de prueba" [Nisman's denounce against Cristina Kirchner is reactivated: judge Lijo ordered preliminar tests] (in Spanish). La Nación. February 1, 2017. Retrieved February 1, 2017.
- Francisco Jueguen (February 2, 2017). "Dudas en el debut del nuevo sistema de precios" [Doubts in the starting of the new price system] (in Spanish). La Nación. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Segio Maldonado: "Estamos convencidos de que es Santiago"". La Nación. 20 October 2017. Retrieved 2017-10-20.
- "Murió el ex diputado peronista José María Díaz Bancalari" [Death of the former deputy José María Díaz Bancalari] (in Spanish). La Nación. January 9, 2017. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- "Murió Horacio Guarany" [Horacio Guarany died] (in Spanish). La Nación. January 13, 2017. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Media related to 2017 in Argentina at Wikimedia Commons