2017 in China
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs to be updated.(October 2017)
|2017 in China|
|Timeline of Chinese history|
|History of the People's Republic of China (2002–present)|
|2017 in the Republic of China|
2017 in Hong Kong
2017 in Macau
Events from the year 2017 in China.
Head of state
Head of government
- 2 January to 8 January – 2017 Shenzhen Open
- 16 June – Chinese, Indian, and Bhutanese border tensions skyrocket over the construction of a road in Doklam, a disputed region between Bhutan and China. See Doklam Standoff for more.
- 28 June – The 2017 FIBA 3x3 U18 World Cup begins.
- 2 July – The 2017 FIBA 3x3 U18 World Cup ends.
- 17 July – Chinese internet censors has banned Winnie the Pooh for its alleged resemblance to Xi Jinping.
- 7 July to 6 August – 2017 FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix
- 28 August: End of the Doklam Standoff as India and China move troops off the border to their original positions.
- October – start of elections for the 13th National People's Congress
- 18 October to 24 October – 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China
- 26 October to 29 October – 2017 WGC-HSBC Champions
- January 15 – Han Peixin, politician
- July 13 - Liu Xiaobo, writer, literary critic, human rights activist and Nobel Peace Prize laureate.