2017 in Russia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other events of 2017|
List of years in Russia
The following lists some of the events from the year 2017 in Russia.
- 6 January - Russia begins to withdraw forces from Syria starting with an aircraft carrier group. Meanwhile a declassified report in the US claims that President Putin ordered a campaign to influence last year's election against Democratic candidate, Hillary Clinton.
- 9 January - The death toll of people who died from alcohol poisoning in Irkutsk rises to 76.
- 8 February – The Russian government gives names to five previously unnamed Kuril islands in Sakhalin Oblast: Derevyanko Island (after Kuzma Derevyanko), Gnechko Island (after Alexey Gnechko), Gromyko Island (after Andrei Gromyko), Farkhutdinov Island (after Igor Farkhutdinov) and Shchetinina Island (after Anna Shchetinina).
- 26 March - Protests against alleged corruption in the federal Russian government took place simultaneously in many cities across the country. They were triggered by the lack of proper response from the Russian authorities to the published investigative film He Is Not Dimon to You, which has garnered more than 20 million views on YouTube.
- 20 April – The Russian government has prohibited Jehovah's Witnesses in all of Russia, going in favor of the Ministry of Justice.
- 30 April – Russian Grand Prix F-1
- 29 May – 15 people die and around 200 are injured following a severe thunderstorm in Moscow and its suburbs.
- 1–3 June – St. Petersburg International Economic Forum
- 10 June – A gunman, 49-year-old Igor Zenkov, kills four people before being shot dead by local police and the National Guard during a special operation in the township of Kratovo, Moscow Oblast.
- 17 June – 2 July – 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup
- 22–29 June – Moscow International Film Festival
- 1 September – Russian President Vladimir Putin expelled 755 diplomats response to United States sanctions takes effect.
- October 2 – Iran nuclear deal cover by Russia official, US ambassador to UN warns, Russia is backing shield prevent to pass agreement to United States President, Donald Trump. 
- 5 November - 260 anti-government demonstrators are arrested in Moscow.
- 26 November - Polina Bogusevich wins the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017 with the song, Wings.
- 5 December - The International Olympic Committee bans Russia from the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang due to evidence of systemic cheating at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. (Yahoo!)
Predicted and scheduled events
- 15–20 August – MAKS Air Show
- "Syria conflict: Russia 'withdrawing aircraft carrier group'".
- "Intel report says Putin ordered campaign to influence US election".
- "Siberian Death Toll From Alcohol Poisoning Rises To 76".
- "Распоряжение Правительства Российской Федерации от 08.02.2017 № 223-р" (in Russian). Publication.pravo.gov.ru. 8 February 2017. Retrieved 11 February 2017.
- "Severe thunderstorm kills 15 in Moscow — Investigative Committee". TASS. 30 May 2017. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Moscow suburban shooter who gunned down four neutralized by police". TASS. 11 June 2017. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- "Russian Investigative Committee says some of Kratovo shooter's weapons come from Chechnya". TASS. 11 June 2017. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- "Russia protests: At least 260 nationalist Putin opponents held".