2017 in Venezuela
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other events of 2017|
Years in Venezuela
Timeline of Venezuelan history
The following lists events in the year 2017 in Venezuela.
- President: Nicolás Maduro
- Vice President: Aristóbulo Istúriz (until January 4), Tareck El Aissami (starting January 4)
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2017)
- For events regarding the protests, see Timeline of the 2017 Venezuelan protests.
- 14 February - The United States sanctions Vice President El Aissami over allegations of playing a role in drug trafficking, freezing his assets in the US and barring him from entering the country.
- 15 February - Venezuela bans CNN from the country after allegations of spreading propaganda.
- 15 October - The Bolivarian government Great Patriotic Pole won 18 of the 23 governorships while the opposition only 5 during the Venezuelan regional elections, 2017
- 3 December - President Nicolás Maduro announces the creation of a new cryptocurrency the petro. 
- 10 December - The Bolivarian government Great Patriotic Pole won 306 of the 337 Mayorships during the Venezuelan municipal elections, 2017.
- 26 June – Isaías Pimentel, tennis player (b. 1933)
- "US sanctions Venezuela vice-president over trafficking claims".
- "Venezuela bans CNN after report alleges Iraq passport fraud".
- BBC 3 December 2017
- "Falleció Memo Morales durante un concierto de fin de año". globovision.com (in Spanish). 1 January 2017. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "Falleció el expresidente interino de Venezuela, Octavio Lepage". globovision.com (in Spanish). 6 January 2017. Retrieved 4 February 2017.