2018–19 EFL League One
|Dates||4 August 2018 - 4 May 2019|
|Goals scored||214 (2.55 per match)|
(6 goals each)
|Biggest home win||
Barnsley 4-0 Oxford United|
(4 August 2018)
|Biggest away win||
Scunthorpe United 0-5 Fleetwood Town|
(22 August 2018)
Plymouth Argyle 1-5 Peterborough United|
(25 August 2018)
Scunthorpe United 3-3 Rochdale
(8 September 2018)
|Longest winning run||
|Longest unbeaten run||
|Longest winless run||
|Longest losing run||
Sunderland 1–1 Oxford United
(1 September 2018)
Accrington Stanley 1–1 Burton Albion
(8 September 2018)
2019–20 →All statistics correct as of 19 September 2018.
The 2018–19 EFL League One is the 15th season of the Football League One under its current title and the 26th season under its current league division format. Fixtures were released on 21 June 2018 and the opening round of matches was played on 4 August 2018. The league season is scheduled to end on 4 May 2019.
The summer transfer window will close five days after the start of the season, on 9 August 2018, following a vote by all 72 clubs in the Football League. However, clubs were able to make loan signings until 31 August. The video assistant referee system will also be used in the play-offs semi-finals and final for the first time.
The following teams have changed division since the 2017–18 season.
To League One
Promoted from League Two
Relegated from Championship
From League One
Promoted to Championship
*reduced for that season as club work on ground
Personnel and sponsoring
- 1 According to current revision of List of current Premier League and English Football League managers.
|Team||Outgoing manager||Manner of departure||Date of vacancy||Position in table||Incoming manager||Date of appointment|
|Barnsley||José Morais||Sacked||6 May 2018||Pre-season||Daniel Stendel||6 June 2018|
|Bradford City||Simon Grayson||End of contract||8 May 2018||Michael Collins||18 June 2018|
|Fleetwood Town||John Sheridan||2 June 2018||Joey Barton||2 June 2018|
|Sunderland||Robbie Stockdale||End of caretaker spell||25 May 2018||Jack Ross||25 May 2018|
|Shrewsbury Town||Paul Hurst||Signed by Ipswich Town||30 May 2018||John Askey||1 June 2018|
|Doncaster Rovers||Darren Ferguson||Resigned||4 June 2018||Grant McCann||27 June 2018|
|Blackpool||Gary Bowyer||6 August 2018||12th||Terry McPhillips||6 August 2018|
|Scunthorpe United||Nick Daws||Sacked||24 August 2018||18th||Stuart McCall||27 August 2018|
|Bradford City||Michael Collins||3 September 2018||17th||David Hopkin||4 September 2018|
|Pos||Team||Pld||W||D||L||GF||GA||GD||Pts||Promotion, qualification or relegation|
|1||Peterborough United||9||7||1||1||24||11||+13||22||Promotion to the EFL Championship|
|3||Sunderland||9||5||3||1||19||9||+10||18||Qualification for League One play-offs[a]|
|21||Gillingham||9||2||1||6||11||18||−7||7||Relegation to EFL League Two|
Rules for classification: 1) Points; 2) Goal difference; 3) Number of goals scored; 4) Head-to-head results 
- Four teams play for one spot and promotion to the EFL Championship.
|Home \ Away||ACC||WIM||BAR||BLP||BRA||BRR||BRT||CHA||COV||DON||FLE||GIL||LUT||OXF||PET||PLY||POR||ROC||SCU||SHR||STD||SUN||WAL||WYC|
Colours: Blue = home team win; Yellow = draw; Red = away team win.
For coming matches, an a indicates there is an article about the match.
- As of 22 September 2018
- "English League One Performance Stats - 2018-19". ESPN. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "Key dates for the 2017/18 season". EFL. Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- Kerry Ganly (6 March 2018). "When are the 2018-19 Championship fixtures out? Date for your diaries, maybe..." The Derby Telegraph. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- Paddy Davitt (6 March 2018). "Key Championship dates for 2018/19 released". Eastern Daily Press. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "2018/19 Season Fixtures Release Date Confirmed". Coventry City F.C. 6 March 2018. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "EFL: Transfer window to close on Thursday, 9 August". BBC Sport. 22 February 2018. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "Football Ground Guide". Football Ground Guide. Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- Barnsley F.C. Adam Davis www.Barnsleyfc.co.uk. Barnsley Football Club. Adam Davis. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- "Barnsley Football Club Extends Partnership with Principal Sponsor CK Beckett". Barnsley FC. Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- "New Front of Shirt Sponsor Announced". Bristol Rovers. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "PRESTEC SIGNS TWO-YEAR DEAL TO BE BREWERS SHIRT SPONSORS". Burton Albion. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "Opposition call Gills sponsorship deal 'inappropriate'". Kent Online. Retrieved 2018-05-06.
- "Cherry Red Records are new front of home shirt sponsor". Wycombe Wanderers F.C. 3 July 2018. Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- "EFL Regulations Section 3 – The League; subsection 9 – Method of Determining League Positions". EFL. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- "Top Scorers – League Two". Retrieved 7 August 2018.