2018 FA Community Shield
|Date||5 August 2018|
|Venue||Wembley Stadium, London|
|Man of the Match||Sergio Agüero (Manchester City)|
|Referee||Jon Moss (West Yorkshire)|
The 2018 FA Community Shield was the 96th FA Community Shield, an annual football match played between the title holders of the Premier League and FA Cup. It was contested by Manchester City, champions of the 2017–18 Premier League, and Chelsea, the winners of the 2017–18 FA Cup, at Wembley Stadium in London on 5 August 2018. Manchester City won 2–0, with both goals scored by Sergio Agüero, who was named man of the match for his performance.
This was Maurizio Sarri's first competitive match in charge of Chelsea; meanwhile, it was Pep Guardiola's second cup final as the manager of Manchester City, following their victory over Arsenal in the 2018 EFL Cup Final.
Chelsea were looking to win the Community Shield for the first time since 2009, when they beat Manchester United 4–1 on penalties. They had failed to win any of their last four appearances in the competition. Manchester City had won their last two matches at Wembley, both in 2017–18 – beating Arsenal 3–0 in the EFL Cup Final in February and Tottenham Hotspur 3–1 in the league in April; however, they had not won three consecutive matches at Wembley since March 1970.
The two sides faced each other in the Community Shield once previously, in 2012, a match won 3–2 by Manchester City.
|Report||Agüero 13', 58'|
Man of the Match:
- "Jon Moss to referee FA Community Shield between Chelsea and Man City". The FA. 10 July 2018. Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- "Chelsea 0 Man City 2: as it happened". Guardian. 5 August 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "Chelsea 0 Man City 2". BBC Sport. 5 August 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "Community Shield 2018: When is the game being held and who is playing?". talkSPORT. 3 August 2018. Retrieved 3 August 2018.
- "Jon Moss to referee FA Community Shield between Chelsea and Man City". TheFA.com. The Football Association. 10 July 2018. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Rules of the Football Association Community Shield" (PDF). TheFA.com. The Football Association. Retrieved 6 August 2017.