2018 ITTF Women's World Cup
|2018 ITTF Women's World Cup|
|Venue||Sichuan Province Gymnasium|
|Competitors||20 from 15 nations|
The 2018 ITTF Women's World Cup was a table tennis competition held in Chengdu, China, from 28 to 30 September 2018. It was the 22nd edition of the ITTF-sanctioned event, and the ninth time that it has been staged in China.
- The current World Champion
- 18 players from the five Continental Cups held during 2018
- A wild card, selected by the ITTF
A maximum of two players from each association could qualify.
|Means of qualification||Date||Venue||Places||Qualified players|
|2017 World Championships||31 May–4 June 2017||Düsseldorf||1||Ding Ning|
|2018 Europe Top 16 Cup||3–4 February 2018||Montreux||3|| Bernadette Szőcs|
|2018 ITTF Africa Top 16 Cup||1–3 March 2018||Nairobi||1||Dina Meshref|
|2018 ITTF-ATTU Asian Cup||6–8 April 2018||Yokohama||3|| Zhu Yuling|
|2018 ITTF-Oceania Cup||18–19 May 2018||Port Vila||1||Jian Fang Lay|
|2018 ITTF Pan-America Cup||15–17 June 2018||Asunción||2|| Zhang Mo|
|Additional qualifiers[nb 1]||n/a||n/a||8|| Miu Hirano|
Doo Hoi Kem
|ITTF wild card||n/a||n/a||1||Kim Song-i|
- Based on Continental Cup finishing position and ITTF World Ranking on 1 July 2018
The tournament consisted of two stages: a preliminary group stage and a knockout stage. The players seeded 9 to 20 were drawn into four groups, with three players in each group. The top two players from each group then joined the top eight seeded players in the second stage of the competition, which consisted of a knockout draw.
- Zhu Yuling (Final)
- Kasumi Ishikawa (Semifinals)
- Ding Ning (Champion)
- Cheng I-ching (Semifinals)
- Miu Hirano (Quarterfinals)
- Seo Hyo-won (Quarterfinals)
- Doo Hoi Kem (Quarterfinals)
- Sofia Polcanova (Quarterfinals)
- Li Jie (Preliminary round)
- Elizabeta Samara (First round)
- Zhang Mo (Preliminary round)
- Bernadette Szőcs (First round)
- Chen Szu-yu (First round)
- Matilda Ekholm (First round)
- Georgina Póta (First round)
- Liu Jia (First round)
- Dina Meshref (Preliminary round)
- Kim Song-i (First round)
- Yue Wu (Preliminary round)
- Jian Fang Lay (First round)
The preliminary group stage took place on 28 September, with the top two players in each group progressing to the main draw.
The knockout stage took place from 29–30 September.
|14||Matilda Ekholm||8||5||7||5||1||Zhu Yuling||11||14||11||11|
|10||Elizabeta Samara||9||8||9||6||8||Sofia Polcanova||6||12||8||4|
|8||Sofia Polcanova||11||11||11||11||1||Zhu Yuling||11||11||11||11||11|
|7||Doo Hoi Kem||6||11||12||11||16||11||4||Cheng I-ching||6||4||13||5||8|
|12||Bernadette Szőcs||11||6||10||6||18||8||7||Doo Hoi Kem||11||11||11||9||6||3|
|15||Georgina Póta||6||8||18||11||4||Cheng I-ching||8||9||13||11||11||11|
|4||Cheng I-ching||11||11||20||13||1||Zhu Yuling||9||8||10||8|
|3||Ding Ning||11||11||11||11||3||Ding Ning||11||11||12||11|
|16||Liu Jia||7||9||4||7||3||Ding Ning||11||11||5||11||11|
|20||Jian Fang Lay||6||4||11||4||11||11||6||6||Seo Hyo-won||6||3||11||6||3|
|6||Seo Hyo-won||11||11||4||11||6||9||11||3||Ding Ning||11||11||11||11||Third place|
|5||Miu Hirano||11||11||11||11||2||Kasumi Ishikawa||7||5||3||9|
|18||Kim Song-i||7||9||5||3||8||Miu Hirano||11||7||9||6||3||4||Cheng I-ching||11||11||12||13||11|
|13||Chen Szu-yu||11||11||7||9||8||7||2||Kasumi Ishikawa||4||11||11||11||11||2||Kasumi Ishikawa||8||7||10||15||8|
- 2018 World Team Table Tennis Championships
- 2018 ITTF World Tour
- 2018 ITTF World Tour Grand Finals
- 2018 ITTF Men's World Cup
- 2018 ITTF Team World Cup
- "2018 ITTF Women's World Cup / Prospectus" (PDF). ITTF. Retrieved 17 July 2018.
- "Qualification and Playing System / Men's and Women's World Cup" (PDF). ITTF. Retrieved 17 July 2018.
- "Confirmed list of players: Uncle Pop 2018 ITTF Women ́s World Cup" (PDF). ITTF. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- "Uncle Pop 2018 ITTF Women ́s World Cup Players' Seeding List" (PDF). ITTF. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Uncle Pop 2018 ITTF Women's World Cup / Results / Group stage". ITTF. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Uncle Pop 2018 ITTF Women's World Cup / Results / Knockout stage". ITTF. Retrieved 31 December 2018.