2018 Sandown 500
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Round 12 of 16 in the 2018 Supercars Championship|
|Date||14–16 September 2018|
The 2018 Sandown 500 (known for sponsorship purposes as the 2018 Rabble.club Sandown 500) was a motor racing event for Supercars, held on the weekend of 14 to 16 September 2018. The event was held at Sandown Raceway in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia and consisted of one race, 500 kilometres in length. It was the twelfth event of sixteen in the 2018 Supercars Championship and hosted Race 24 of the series. It was also the first event of the 2018 Enduro Cup.
The event was the 48th running of the Sandown 500, which was first held in 1964 as a six-hour race for series production touring cars. It was the fourteenth time the race had been held as part of the Supercars Championship and the sixth time it formed part of the Enduro Cup. The defending winners of the race were Cameron Waters and Richie Stanaway.
The event was promoted as a "retro round", with teams encouraged to use adaptations of Australian touring car liveries from the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s, although some teams extended beyond these parameters when devising a livery.
The following cars carried a retro livery during the event:
|Practice 1||Friday||1||Paul Dumbrell||Triple Eight Race Engineering||Holden Commodore ZB||1:07.8467|
|Practice 2||Friday||1||Jamie Whincup||Triple Eight Race Engineering||Holden Commodore ZB||1:07.9688|
|Practice 3||Friday||99||Will Brown||Erebus Motorsport||Holden Commodore ZB||1:08.6230|
|Practice 4||Saturday||15||Rick Kelly||Nissan Motorsport||Nissan Altima L33||1:14.3447|
|Warm-Up||Sunday||1|| Jamie Whincup
|Triple Eight Race Engineering||Holden Commodore ZB||1:08.4080|
Qualifying Race 1
Qualifying Race 2
Championship standings after Race 24
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for three sets of standings.
- RABBLE.club Sandown 500 Results, www.supercars.com, as archived at web.archive.org
- "POLL: Favourite Sandown 500 retro livery". Speedcafe. 13 September 2018. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- "Practice 1". Supercars.com. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "Practice 2". Supercars.com. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "Practice 3". Supercars.com. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "Practice 4". Supercars.com. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "Warm-Up". Supercars.com. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "Race 24 – Qualifying". Supercars.com. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "Supercars summary of penalties, Sandown 500 - Final". V8 Daily Dump. V8 Daily Dump. 16 September 2018. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "Race 24". Supercars.com. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
2018 The Bend SuperSprint
|2018 Supercars Championship||Next race:|
2018 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000
2017 Wilson Security Sandown 500
|Sandown 500||Next year:|
2019 Sandown 500