2018 South Dakota elections
|Elections in South Dakota|
A general election will be held in the U.S. state of South Dakota on November 6, 2018. All of South Dakota's executive officers will be up for election as well as South Dakota's at-large seat in the United States House of Representatives.
- 1 United States House of Representatives
- 2 Governor and Lieutenant Governor
- 3 Attorney General
- 4 Secretary of State
- 5 State Treasurer
- 6 State Auditor
- 7 Commissioner of School and Public Lands
- 8 Public Utilities Commissioner
- 9 References
- 10 External links
United States House of Representatives
Governor and Lieutenant Governor
Lawrence County State's Attorney John Fitzgerald, Chief Deputy Attorney General Charlie McGuigan, and attorney and 2014 U.S. Senate candidate Jason Ravnsborg are running for the Republican nomination.
Secretary of State
Commissioner of School and Public Lands
Incumbent Republican Commissioner of School and Public Lands Ryan Brunner has not announced whether he will run for re-election to a second term.
Public Utilities Commissioner
- Ellis, Jonathan (November 14, 2016). "Noem announces historic bid for governor". Argus Leader. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- Griffith, Tom (March 17, 2017). "Lawrence County State's Attorney in race for state AG". Rapid City Journal. Retrieved June 24, 2017.
- Powers, Pat (March 13, 2017). "Deputy AG McGuigan informs State's Atty's of his intention to run for AG". South Dakota War College. Retrieved June 24, 2017.
- Dockendorf, Randy (February 21, 2017). "Ravnsborg Announces Run For S.D. Attorney General". Yankton Daily Press & Dakotan. Retrieved June 24, 2017.
- Ferguson, Dana (March 13, 2017). "Krebs announces bid for U.S. House seat". Argus Leader. Retrieved March 14, 2017.
- Jacobson, Louis (4 June 2018). "Secretary of State Races Are More Competitive and Important Than Ever". Governing. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- Taylor, Jack (April 24, 2017). "Steve Barnett wants Shantel Kreb's job". KELO. Retrieved June 24, 2017.
- "Huron man announces bid for S.D. state treasurer". Argus Leader. Associated Press. March 21, 2017. Retrieved June 24, 2017.
- Candidates at Vote Smart
- Candidates at Ballotpedia
- Campaign finance at National Institute on Money in State Politics
- Official Attorney General campaign websites
- Official Secretary of State campaign websites
- Official State Treasurer campaign websites
- Official Commissioner of School and Public Lands campaign websites
- Official Public Utilities Commissioner campaign websites