2018 TCR Scandinavia Touring Car Championship
|2018 Scandinavian Touring Car Championship|
Formula STCC Nordic
The 2018 TCR Scandinavia Touring Car Championship was the eighth and final Scandinavian Touring Car Championship season. This season was the second season since the introduction of the TCR regulations and the last under the promotion of STCC AB, which declared bankruptcy in early February 2019. The season started at Ring Knutstorp on 4 May and ended at Mantorp Park on 22 September, after six rounds.
Teams and drivers
On 16 November 2017, the calendar was announced which was reduced from seven events to six. The championship will host five rounds in Sweden and the series would make a return to Norway for the first time since 2008 when it was called Swedish Touring Car Championship with the event would be held at the Rudskogen circuit. The Solvalla Circuit in Stockholm and Alastaro Circuit in Finland were dropped.
On 19 December 2017, it was announced that the series would revert to a two-race format after using a three-race format in the previous season. Reversed grids for Race 2 were also reintroduced after being absent from the previous season.
Race calendar and results
|Round||Circuit||Location||Date||Pole Position||Fastest Lap||Race Winner||Winning Team||Supporting|
|1||R1||Ring Knutstorp||Kågeröd, Skåne||4–5 May||Philip Morin||Daniel Haglöf||Daniel Haglöf||PWR Racing – SEAT Dealer Team||Formula STCC Nordic|
|R2||Robert Dahlgren||Andreas Wernersson||Lestrup Racing Team|
|2||R1||Anderstorp Raceway||Anderstorp, Jönköping||16–17 June||Johan Kristoffersson||Philip Morin||Philip Morin||SEAT Dealer Team – PWR Racing|
|R2||Fredrik Ekblom||Tobias Brink||Brink Motorsport|
|3||R1||Falkenbergs Motorbana||Bergagård, Halland||7–8 July||Robert Dahlgren||Andreas Wernersson||Robert Dahlgren||PWR Racing – SEAT Dealer Team|
|R2||Johan Kristoffersson||Mattias Andersson||Honda Racing Sweden|
|4||R1||Karlskoga Motorstadion||Karlskoga, Örebro||18–19 August||Philip Morin||Daniel Haglöf||Daniel Haglöf||PWR Racing – SEAT Dealer Team||stand-alone event|
|R2||Daniel Haglöf||Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky||SEAT Dealer Team – PWR Racing|
|5||R1||Rudskogen Motorpark||Rakkestad, Østfold||8–9 September||Daniel Haglöf||Johan Kristoffersson||Johan Kristoffersson||Volkswagen Dealer Team BAUHAUS||Formula STCC Nordic|
|R2||Philip Morin||Johan Kristoffersson||Volkswagen Dealer Team BAUHAUS|
|6||R1||Mantorp Park||Mantorp, Östergötland||21–22 September||Andreas Wernersson||Johan Kristoffersson||Johan Kristoffersson||Volkswagen Dealer Team BAUHAUS|
|R2||Daniel Haglöf||Tobias Brink||Brink Motorsport|
Championship points were awarded on the results of each race at each event as follows:
|1||PWR Racing – SEAT Dealer Team||358|
|2||Volkswagen Dealer Team BAUHAUS||239|
|3||Lestrup Racing Team||196|
|6||SEAT Dealer Team – PWR Racing||120|
|7||Honda Racing Sweden||95|
|8||Micke Kågered Racing||31|
|NC||Experion Racing Team||0|
|NC||Racing For Charity||0|
- Brunsdon, Stephen (7 September 2017). "Robert Dahlgren set to remain with PWR for 2018 STCC season". TouringCarTimes. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- Hudson, Neil (2 March 2018). "PWR Racing confirm full STCC line-up with four Cupras in 2018". TouringCarTimes. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Poker Wallenberg switches from SEAT to Audi - TouringCarTimes". TouringCarTimes. 2018-03-28. Retrieved 2018-03-30.
- Brunsdon, Stephen (14 February 2018). "Johan Kristoffersson and Hugo Nerman to lead KMS charge in 2018". TouringCarTimes. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Nicklas Oscarsson completes Kristoffersson Motorsport line-up for 2018 - TouringCarTimes". TouringCarTimes. 2018-04-10. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "Oliver Söderström joins Lestrup Racing Team for 2018 STCC - TouringCarTimes". TouringCarTimes. 2018-02-06. Retrieved 2018-02-06.
- Hudson, Neil (21 March 2018). "Andreas Wernersson returns with the Lestrup Racing Team for 2018". TouringCarTimes. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- "Albin Wärnelöv and Experion Racing back for the 2018 STCC season". TouringCarTimes. 30 March 2018. Retrieved 1 April 2018.
- "Andreas and Jessica Bäckman confirm 2018 STCC campaign with WestCoast Racing - TouringCarTimes". TouringCarTimes. 2018-04-05. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- "Fredrik Ekblom returns with WestCoast Racing for 2018 STCC season - TouringCarTimes". TouringCarTimes. 2018-04-10. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "Micke Kågered Racing expand to two cars for Oscar Krüger and Andreas Ahlberg". TouringCarTimes. 30 March 2018. Retrieved 1 April 2018.
- "Mattias Andersson confirms 2018 STCC programme with Honda Racing Sweden". TouringCarTimes. 21 December 2017. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Alex Andersson joins Brovallen Design for 2018 STCC campaign". TouringCarTimes. 26 March 2018. Retrieved 1 April 2018.
- "Can anyone beat the Cupras at Anderstorp? - TouringCarTimes". TouringCarTimes. 2018-06-14. Retrieved 2018-06-16.
- Hudson, Neil (22 February 2018). "Brink Motorsport confirm two-car Audi assault in the 2018 STCC". TouringCarTimes. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Olli Kangas returns for a second year in the STCC with LMS Racing - TouringCarTimes". TouringCarTimes. 2018-04-11. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "Norway in, Solvalla and Finland out as 2018 STCC calendar announced - TouringCarTimes". TouringCarTimes. 2017-11-16. Retrieved 2017-11-16.
- "STCC reverts to two-race weekends for 2018, reversed grids return - TouringCarTimes". TouringCarTimes. 2017-12-19. Retrieved 2017-12-19.