2018 in Argentina
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 2018|
List of years in Argentina
Predicted and scheduled events
- End of the 2017–18 Argentine Primera División tournament.
- January 3: The tariffs of metropolitan buses, trains and subways in Buenos Aires are increased.
- January 4: Union leader Marcelo Balcedo, accused of money laundering, is detained in Uruguay, in a joint operation between the Interpol and the Uruguayan police.
- January 6: The economic emergency law ceases to be in force.
- January 9: Unable to get support from the PJ and the CGT for an amendment in the labor law, Macri postpones the bill for March.
- January 19: Raúl Zaffaroni, judge of the Inter-American Court of Human Rights, mentions that he would wish for president Macri to resign.
- February 1
- Police officer Luis Chocobar is indicted by the judiciary, accused of murder, for shooting a thief that attempted to kill a tourist. President Macri receives him at the Casa Rosada, giving him his full support.
- Members of the Argentine Congress propose a bill to ask for the removal of judge Raúl Zaffaroni from the Inter-American Court of Human Rights.
- February 2: The government closes the National Lottery, and ends the "Prode" game.
- February 7: Minister Patricia Bullrich meets with US specialists in security and terrorism, to discuss the G20 summit. Those people voiced concerns about a presence of Hezbollah in the Triple Frontier.
- February 8
- Members of the Peronist parties Justicialist Party, Renewal Front and Citizen's Unity have a summit, discussing a joint ticket for the 2019 general elections. The Peronist provincial governors did not attend it, with the exception of Alberto Rodríguez Saá.
- Estela de Carlotto has a private meeting with Pope Francis.
- February 9: General strike of national banks.
- February 19: Two-days general strike of national banks.
- February 21: General strike by union leader Hugo Moyano.
- February 22: Six suspected drug traffickers are jailed at the Russian embassy while trying to smuggle drugs in a diplomatic flight.
- February 27: Bolivia rejects a treaty of mutual free healthcare with Argentina.
- February 28
- March 1: Opening of regular sessions of the National Congress of Argentina.
- March 3: The Polish League Against Defamation filed a complaint against the newspaper Página/12, accusing them to violate the recently amended Act on the Institute of National Remembrance, which forbids any suggestion of Polish involvement in the Holocaust.
- March 5: Facundo Jones Huala, leader of the Resistencia Ancestral Mapuche guerrilla, is extradited to Chile.
- March 8: Large demonstrations during the International Women's Day.
- March 12: The ice bridge of the Perito Moreno Glacier collapses.
- March 13:
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2018)
- January 5: Antonio Valentín Angelillo (soccer player)
- January 11: Noemi Lapzeson (dancer)
- January 16: Rubén Oswaldo Díaz (soccer player)
- February 6
- February 16: Osvaldo Suárez (sportsman)
- February 27
- March 7: Reynaldo Bignone ( de facto president)
- March 13: Gastón Tavagnutti (dancer)
- March 14: Emilio Disi (actor)
- March 22: René Houseman (soccer player)
- July 10: Alicia Bellán (film, theatre actress)
- September 7: Julio Blanck (journalist)
- October 2: Hermenegildo Sábat (comic book artist)
- Diego Cabot (January 3, 2017). "El Gobierno anunció una suba de los boletos de colectivos y trenes" [The government announced a tariff increase in buses and trains] (in Spanish). La Nación. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "Detuvieron a un gremialista argentino en una chacra en Piriápolis: tenía armas y dinero en efectivo" [They detained an Argentine union leader in Piriapolis: he had weapons and banknotes] (in Spanish). La Nación. January 4, 2018. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "Se "termina" la Emergencia Económica tras 16 años de vigencia" [The economic emergency ends after 1 years] (in Spanish). Clarin. January 6, 2018. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- Santiago Dapelo (January 9, 2018). "Sin las garantías del PJ y de la CGT, el Gobierno posterga la reforma laboral para marzo" [With no guarantees from the PJ and the CGT, the government postpones the labor amendment for March] (in Spanish). La Nación. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "Cambiemos presentó un proyecto para desplazar a Eugenio Zaffaroni como juez de la CIDH" [Cambiemos proposed a bill to remove Eugenio Zaffaroni as judge of the Inter-American Court of Human Rights] (in Spanish). La Nación. February 1, 2018. Retrieved February 1, 2018.
- ""Estoy orgulloso de que haya un policía como vos", le dijo Macri a Chocobar en la Casa Rosada" ["I'm proud that there is a policeman like you", said Macri to Chocobar at the Casa Rosada] (in Spanish). Clarín. February 1, 2018. Retrieved February 7, 2018.
- "El Gobierno disuelve la Lotería Nacional y elimina el histórico Prode" [The government closes the National Lottery and ends the historical Prode] (in Spanish). La Nación. February 2, 2018. Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- "Patricia Bullrich se reunió en Washington con especialistas en terrorismo y seguridad" [Patricia Bullrich meets in Washington with specialists in terrorism and security] (in Spanish). Clarín. February 7, 2018. Retrieved February 7, 2018.
- Jazmín Bullorini (February 8, 2018). "El PJ busca armar un frente opositor, pero los gobernadores pegaron el faltazo" [The PJ seeks to organize an opposing front, but the governors did not attend] (in Spanish). Clarín. Retrieved February 7, 2018.
- "Estela de Carlotto, tras ser recibida por Francisco en el Vaticano: "El Papa está preocupado por Argentina"" [Estela de Carloto, after meeting Francis in the Vatican City: "The pope is worried for Argentina"] (in Spanish). Clarín. February 8, 2018. Retrieved February 7, 2018.
- "Arrancó el paro bancario nacional en rechazo a la oferta paritaria" [The strike of banks started, protesting against the wages proposal] (in Spanish). Perfil. February 9, 2018. Retrieved February 7, 2018.
- "Sucursales vacías, enojos y microcortes de calle: las postales del paro bancario en el centro porteño" [Empty banks, anger and street blocks: issues of the bank strike at the center of Buenos Aires] (in Spanish). Clarín. February 20, 2018. Retrieved February 23, 2018.
- Hugh Bronstein, Nicolás Misculin (February 21, 2018). "Argentine truckers block capital streets to protest Macri reforms". Reuters. Retrieved February 23, 2018.
- "Two Argentines arrested in Russian embassy cocaine probe". Reuters. February 22, 2018. Retrieved February 23, 2018.
- "El gobierno de Evo Morales rechaza atender a argentinos en sus hospitales y se tensa la relación con Bolivia" [The government of Evo Morales refuses to accept Argentines in their hospital; the relation with Bolivia gets tense] (in Spanish). Clarín. February 27, 2018. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Natasha Niebieskikwiat (February 28, 2018). "Bolivia da marcha atrás y dará atención sanitaria gratuita a los argentinos" [Bolivia steps back and will provide free healthcare to Argentines] (in Spanish). Clarín. Retrieved February 28, 2018.
- Lucía Salinas (February 28, 2018). "Imputaron a Hugo y Pablo Moyano por presunto lavado de dinero" [Hugo and Pablo Moyano were indicted for money laundering] (in Spanish). Clarín. Retrieved February 28, 2018.
- "Mauricio Macri en el Congreso: reviví el minuto a minuto de la Asamblea Legislativa" [Mauricio Macri in the Congress, relive the minute by minute of the Legislative assembly] (in Spanish). La Nación. March 1, 2018. Retrieved February 28, 2018.
- "Polish group sues Argentine paper under new Holocaust law". Reuters. March 3, 2018. Retrieved March 2, 2018.
- Germán de los Santos (March 5, 2018). "La Justicia decidió extraditar a Chile a Jones Huala y hay disturbios en la puerta del juzgado". La Nación. Retrieved March 2, 2018.
- "The Latest: Tens of thousands in Argentina mark Women's Day". The Washington Post. March 8, 2018. Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- "Perito Moreno Glacier ice bridge collapses in Argentina". The Economic Times. March 12, 2018. Archived from the original on March 13, 2018. Retrieved March 12, 2018.
- Germán de los Santos (March 13, 2018). "Violencia en la Uocra:"Dejen de romper las pelotas en La Plata", dijeron los sicarios antes de disparar" [Violence at the UOCRA: "Stop messing in La Plata"] (in Spanish). La Nación. Retrieved April 23, 2018.
- Mariano De Vedia (March 13, 2018). "De Vidal a Zaffaroni: una carta al papa Francisco unió a oficialistas y opositores" [From Vidal to Zaffaroni: a letter to Pope Francis united all politicians] (in Spanish). La Nación. Retrieved April 23, 2018.
- "FALLECIÓ LA ACTRIZ ALICIA BELLÁN". Asociación Argentina de Actores (in Spanish). 2018-07-10. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- Media related to 2018 in Argentina at Wikimedia Commons