2018 in Nigeria
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Events in the year 2018 in Nigeria.
- President: Muhammadu Buhari (APC)
- Vice President: Yemi Osinbajo (APC)
- Chief Justice: Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen
- 19 February – Dapchi schoolgirls kidnapping
- 17 September - Over 100 people are killed in floods after two major rivers burst their banks. 
- 13 October - At least 30 people are killed when a pipeline caught fire and explodes in southeast Nigeria after a raid by suspected petrol thieves.
- 9 to 25 February – Nigeria participated at the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea, with 3 competitors in 2 sports
- 22 January – Dahiru Musdapher, justice (b. 1942)
- 27 February – Joseph Bagobiri, Roman Catholic Bishop (b. 1957)
- "Kaduna ex-gov, Lawal Kaita dies at 85". guardian.ng. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- Odigwe, Emmanuel (23 March 2018). "Former President Of The Nigeria Bar Association, Idowu Sofola, Dies At 84". theeagleonline.com. Archived from the original on 2018-03-24. Retrieved 10 June 2018.
- "Former UN Chief, Adebayo Adedeji, Dies At 87". independent.ng. Retrieved 10 June 2018.
- "Nigerian reggae artist, Ras Kimono dies after brief illness". tvcnews.tv. Retrieved 10 June 2018.
- Katsina-Alu, Former Chief Justice Of The Supreme Court, Is Dead
- Ex-IGP Ibrahim Coomasie dies at 76