2018 in Pakistan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 2018|
List of years in Pakistan
- Prime Minister
- 13 January - The killing of Naqeebullah Mehsud in a fake encounter staged by the senior superintendent of police (SSP) Rao Anwar in Karachi sparked countrywide protests against extrajudicial killings. The Pashtun Tahafuz Movement (PTM), led by Manzoor Pashteen, launched a campaign to seek justice for Naqeebullah Mehsud.
- 9 - 25 February - Pakistan at the 2018 Winter Olympics
- 3 March - The 2018 elections to the Senate of Pakistan were held.
- 24–27 May - The twenty-fifth amendment to the Constitution of Pakistan was approved by the Parliament of Pakistan and the Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), giving way to the merger of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) into the Province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP).
- 6 July - Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, his daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Safdar Awan were given prison sentences of 10, 7 and 1 years respectfully on controversial corruption charges.
- 10 July - A suicide bombing at a political rally of the Awami National Party in Peshawar left 22 people dead.
- 13 July - Two suicide bombings, one in Bannu and one in Mastung, left 5 and 131 people dead respectively. The former targeted the vehicle of former KPK Chief Minister Akram Durrani, while the latter targeted a political rally of the Balochistan Awami Party.
- 25 July
- 17 August -PTI leader Imran Khan took oath as Prime Minister of Islamic republic of Pakistan.
- 4 September - The Pakistani presidential election, 2018 were held.
- 11 October - Eight children die and three are injured when the wall of a house collapses in the suburban area of Sukkur, Pakistan.
- 23 November
- Pakistani police repelled an armed attack on the Chinese consulate in Karachi, suffering two casualties
- A suicide bombing in Orazkai District, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa killed 33
former Minister Nawaz Sherief is sentenced to seven years
- 2018 Blind Cricket World Cup
- Pakistani cricket team in New Zealand in 2017–18
- West Indian cricket team in Pakistan in 2017–18
- Pakistani cricket team in England in 2018
- Pakistani cricket team in Ireland in 2018
- Pakistani cricket team in Scotland in 2018
- 2018 Zimbabwe Tri-Nation Series
- Pakistani cricket team in Zimbabwe in 2018
- Pakistani cricket team in South Africa in 2018–19
- January 4 – Zubaida Tariq, 72, chef, Parkinson's disease.
- January 5 – Asghar Khan, 96, politician and military officer, Commander-in-Chief of the Air Force (1957–1965).
- January 5 – Rasa Chughtai, 89, Urdu poet.
- January 5 – Sardar Ahmed Ali Khan Pitafi, 74, politician, cancer. He served between 2014 and 2017.
- February 1 - Haji Saifullah Khan Bangash, 70, politician.
- February 1-Hazar Khan Bijarani, 71, politician.
- February 1-Fariha Razzaq Haroon, journalist and politician.
- February 5 - Siddiq Baloch, 77, journalist and political economist.
- February 8 - Khalid Mehsud, 44, terrorist.
- February 11 - Asma Jahangir, 66, human rights lawyer and social activist.
- February 11 - Qazi Wajid, 87, actor.
- March 5 – Jam Saqi, 73, Pakistani politician.
- March 11 – Muhammad Ashiq, 82, racing cyclist.
- March 20 – Ayaz Soomro, 59, politician.
- April 25 – Madeeha Gauhar, 62, actress, cancer.
- June 20 - Mushtaq Ahmed Yousfi, 94, humorist, banker and journalist
- June 21 – Jamsheed Marker, 96, diplomat
- July 21 - Annie Ali Khan, 38, model, writer and journalist
- July 13 - Siraj Raisani 55 Shaheed Suicide bombing Killed Politician
- July 10 - Haroon Bilour 50 Shaheed Suicide Bomb Politician
- September 11 - Kalsoom Nawaz,68,Former First Lady of Pakistan
- October 8 -Shaikh Aziz, 79, Noted Journalist and Scholar.
- December 25- Syed Ali Raza Abidi former MNA and Former member of MQM Pakistan died in targeted attack in front of his house, Karachi
- "Nawaz gets 10 years jail term, Maryam seven in Avenfield apartments case". Express Tribune. 6 July 2018. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- In memoriam: Nation reacts to Zubaida Aapa’s death | Pakistan
- First Muslim air chief of PAF Asghar Khan dies
- Ahmed, Naseer (6 January 2018). "Eminent poet Rasa Chughtai passes away". Dawn. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "PPP lawmaker dies after cancer battle". www.thenews.com.pk.
- "Pakistani human rights champion dies". BBC News. 11 February 2018. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- "Madeeha Gauhar, Ajoka Theater founder, passes away". Retrieved 2018-04-25.
- "Model-writer Annie Ali Khan found dead at Karachi apartment | The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 2018-07-22. Retrieved 14 August 2018.