2018 in Russia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 2018|
List of years in Russia
Events in the year 2018 in Russia.
- 11 February – Saratov Airlines Flight 703 crashed shortly after take-off, killing all 71 people on board.
- 15-17 March – Sergei Lavrov has announced that Russia will expel diplomats from the United Kingdom because of the expulsion of 23 Russian envoys due to the poisoning of Sergei Skripal and Yulia Skripal. The Russian foreign ministry is to expel 23 British diplomats amid tensions over the nerve agent attack in the United Kingdom.
- March 18 – In the Russian presidential election, Vladimir Putin is elected for a fourth term, winning 73.9% of the vote.
- May 5 – Thousand Protest rally in 97 cities including Moscow and St Petersburg, against Vladimir Putin for winning a fourth term in the Russian President Election.
- May 7 - Vladimir Putin sworn in for a fourth term as President of Russia in the Hall of the Order of St. Andrew of the Grand Kremlin Palace.
- July 1 – Several thousand people protested across Russia against a hugely unpopular government decision to hike the pension age that has led to a record slump in President Vladimir Putin's approval ratings. No protests were held in World Cup host cities due to a regulation banning protest in the cities for the duration of the tournament. 
- July 28 – More than 10,000 people attended a rally in the capital, Moscow against government plans to increase the retirement age rise.
- 2 August – More than 9,000 people attended a rally against government plans to increase the retirement age rise.
- 3 January – Igor Strelbin, footballer (b. 1974).
- 9 January – Robert Minlos, mathematician (b. 1931)
- 9 January – Alexander Vedernikov, singer and teacher (b. 1927)
- 9 January – Valeri Matyunin, footballer (b. 1960)
- 10 January – Mikhail Derzhavin, actor (b. 1936)
- 15 January – Viktor Anpilov, politician and trade unionist (b. 1945)
- 25 January – Lyudmila Senchina, soprano singer (b. 1948 or 1950)
- 21 February – Valentin Afraimovich, mathematician (b.1945)
- 21 February – Sergei Aleksandrov, footballer (b. 1973)
- 26 February – Tatyana Karpova, actress (b. 1916)
- 22 March – Khozh-Akhmed Bersanov, Chechen writer and ethnographer (b. 1926)
- 27 March – Victor Kalashnikov, gun designer (b. 1942)
- 28 March – Oleg Anofriyev, actor, singer, songwriter, film director and poet (b. 1930)
- 19 April – Vladimir Lyakhov, cosmonaut (b. 1941)
- 21 April – Nina Doroshina, actress (b. 1934)
- 22 April – Ivan P. Neumyvakin, physician (b. 1928)
- 21 May – Aleksandr Askoldov, actor and film director (b. 1932)
- 5 July – Evgeny Golod, mathematician who proved the Golod–Shafarevich theorem on class field towers (b. 1935).
- 10 July – Andrei Suslin, mathematician who contributed to algebraic K-theory and its connections with algebraic geometry (b. 1950).
- "Russian spy: Moscow 'will expel British diplomats soon'". BBC News. 15 March 2018.
- "Russia spy poisoning: 23 UK diplomats expelled from Moscow". BBC News. 17 March 2018.
- "Russia election: Vladimir Putin wins by big margin". BBC News. 18 March 2018. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- "Бывший футболист «Динамо» Игорь Стрельбин скончался в Брянске". bryansktoday.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "Russian journalist Maxim Borodin dies after mysterious fall from balcony". The Times. 16 April 2018.
- Markante turncoach Boris Orlov (73) overleden (in Dutch)
- Скончался Е.С. Голод (in Russian)
- В Краснодарском крае застрелен бывший игрок ФК «Ангушт» Тазир Кариев (in Russian)
- В Петербурге ушел из жизни известный математик Андрей Суслин (in Russian)
- Author of Russian cosmonauts’ unofficial anthem dies at 85