2019 Sammarinese referendum
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
Two referendums were held in San Marino on 2 June 2019. One was a popular initiative on amending the electoral system to require a second round to be held thirty days after a general elections between the top two parties only if neither are able to form a coalition government. The other was on a constitutional amendment proposed by the captain regent that would add sexual orientation to the list of discriminations prohibited by law. This followed a vote by the Grand and General Council on the amendment failing to meet the two-thirds quorum.
|Popular initiative on electoral system reform||8,554||60.58||5,566||39.42||344||14,464||34,458||41.98||Approved|
|Prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation||9,996||71.46||3,992||28.54||452||14,440||41.91||Approved|
- San Marino, 2. Juni 2019 : Zweiter Wahlgang bei Parlamentswahlen Direct Democracy
- San Marino, 2. Juni 2019 : Diskriminierungsverbot wegen sexueller Orientierung Direct Democracy
- Vincono i sì con il 60%: cambia la legge elettorale a San Marino Libertas, 2 June 2019
- Stefanello, Viola (4 June 2019). "San Marino bans discrimination based on sexual orientation". Euronews. Retrieved 4 June 2019.
- Sarrubba, Stefania (4 June 2019). "San Marino bans discrimination on grounds of sexual orientation". Gay Star News. Retrieved 4 June 2019.