2019 UCI Road World Championships
|Venue||Harrogate, United Kingdom|
|Date(s)||22–29 September 2019|
The 2019 UCI Road World Championships are scheduled to be held between 22 and 29 September 2019 in Harrogate, United Kingdom. It will be the 92nd UCI Road World Championships and the fourth to be held in the United Kingdom.
Race locations and schedule
In July 2017, it was announced that Harrogate would host two circuit races and the other races were to start in locations across the county of Yorkshire, including Beverley, Doncaster, Leeds, Northallerton, Ripon and York.
At the 2018 UCI Road World Championships in September 2018, further details for the championships were announced. Harrogate will host the finishes for all eleven races during the eight days of racing, including the new-for-2019 mixed team time trial relay; three of these races will be contested entirely within a circuit of 14 kilometres (8.7 miles) in and around Harrogate. Ripon was announced to hold the start of two time trials, while the men's time trial will start in Northallerton. For the road races, Richmond was announced as the start location for the men's junior road race, while Doncaster would hold the start for the two remaining age-group races. The elite races were announced to be starting in Bradford (women) and Leeds (men) respectively.
|Team time trial mixed relay|
|22 September||Mixed relay||Harrogate||28 km (17 mi)||2|
|Individual time trial events|
|23 September||Junior women||Harrogate||14 km (8.7 mi)||1|
|Junior men||28 km (17 mi)||2|
|24 September||Under-23 men||Ripon||Harrogate||32.5 km (20.2 mi)||1|
|25 September||Elite men||Northallerton||54 km (34 mi)||N/A|
|Road race events|
|26 September||Junior men||Richmond||Harrogate||144.5 km (89.8 mi)||3|
|27 September||Junior women||Doncaster||91.5 km (56.9 mi)||N/A|
|Under-23 men||192.5 km (119.6 mi)||3|
|28 September||Elite women||Bradford||149.5 km (92.9 mi)||3|
|29 September||Elite men||Leeds||284.5 km (176.8 mi)||7|
The legacy of the Worlds event has been reported with £15 million worth of funding to go towards the construction of 27 off-road racing venues around the country, "to ensure that every part of Britain has close access to a closed road circuit, velodrome, BMX track or mountain bike trail".
- "Yorkshire host towns revealed for 2019 UCI Road World Championships". British Cycling. Retrieved 15 July 2017.
- Shrubsall, James (26 September 2018). "Yorkshire UCI Road World Championships 2019 routes and schedule revealed". Cycling Weekly. TI Media. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- "2019 Road World Championships: Yorkshire to host first team time trial mixed relay". BBC Sport. BBC. 26 September 2018. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- Westby, Nick (26 September 2018). "Yorkshire 2019: Tour de France revisited in race for rainbow jersey". The Yorkshire Post. Yorkshire Post Newspapers. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- "Full routes and race schedule for Yorkshire 2019". Yorkshire 2019 UCI Road World Championships. Yorkshire 2019 Limited. 26 September 2018. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- Fotheringham, William (12 October 2016). "Yorkshire named as host of cycling's 2019 Road World Championships". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 15 July 2017.