2019 UEFA Champions League Final
|Event||2018–19 UEFA Champions League|
|Date||1 June 2019|
|Venue||Wanda Metropolitano, Madrid|
The 2019 UEFA Champions League Final will be the final match of the 2018–19 UEFA Champions League, the 64th season of Europe's premier club football tournament organised by UEFA, and the 27th season since it was renamed from the European Champion Clubs' Cup to the UEFA Champions League. It will be played at the Wanda Metropolitano in Madrid, Spain on 1 June 2019.
The winners will earn the right to play against the winners of the 2018–19 UEFA Europa League in the 2019 UEFA Super Cup. They will also qualify to enter the group stage of the 2019–20 UEFA Champions League, and if they have already qualified through their league performance, the berth reserved will be given to the champions of the 2018–19 Austrian Bundesliga, the 11th-ranked association according to next season's access list.
In March 2018, UEFA announced that a fourth substitution will be allowed in extra time and that the number of substitutes has been increased from 7 to 12. The kick-off time has also been changed from 20:45 CEST to 21:00 CEST.
For the first time ever, an open bidding process was launched on 9 December 2016 by UEFA to select the venues of the club competition finals (UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Women's Champions League, and UEFA Super Cup). Associations had until 27 January 2017 to express interest, and bid dossiers must be submitted by 6 June 2017.
|Azerbaijan||Baku Olympic Stadium||Baku||69,870||Also bid for 2019 UEFA Europa League Final|
The stadium is the home ground of Spanish club Atlético Madrid. Due to UEFA regulations regarding naming rights of non-tournament sponsors, the stadium will be referred to as the "Estadio Metropolitano" in all UEFA materials.
The "home" team (for administrative purposes) will be determined by an additional draw held after the quarter-final and semi-final draws, which will be held on 15 March 2019, 13:00 CET, at the UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.
- "Madrid to host UEFA Champions League Final 2019". UFEA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 20 September 2017. Retrieved 20 September 2017.
- "Champions League and Europa League changes next season". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 27 February 2018. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- "Country coefficients 2017/18". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 4 May 2018. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
- "Additional fine-tuning of club competition regulations for 2018/19 onwards". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 27 March 2018. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "Lyon to host 2018 UEFA Europa League final". UEFA. 9 December 2016.
- "UEFA club competition finals 2019: bid regulations" (PDF). UEFA.
- "15 associations interested in hosting 2019 club finals". UEFA. 3 February 2017.
- "Ten associations bidding to host 2019 club finals". 7 June 2017.
- "UEFA Club Competition Finals 2019 Evaluation Report" (PDF). UEFA.com.
- "UEFA Executive Committee agenda for Nyon meeting". UEFA.com. 7 September 2017.
- "Madrid's Estadio Metropolitano to host 2019 Champions League final". UEFA.com. 20 September 2017.
- "UEFA Champions League launches 2019 Madrid final identity". UEFA.com. 30 August 2018.
- Sierra, Alberto P. (30 August 2018). "Uefa unveil Madrid final Champions League poster". en.as.com. Diario AS. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "2018/19 Champions League match and draw calendar". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 9 January 2018. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "2018/19 UEFA Champions League regulations" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 10 May 2018. Retrieved 12 May 2018.