2019 Winter Universiade
|Motto||"REAL WINTER","WELCOME TO WINTER","100% WINTER"|
|Nations participating||- 31|
|Opening ceremony||- 2 March|
|Closing ceremony||- 12 March|
|Officially opened by||-|
|Main venue||Arena-Sever (Arena-North)|
There were two candidates cities including Krasnoyarsk in Russian Siberia. The city has received official confirmation of its status as Russia's representative the bidding to host the 2019 Winter Universiade. This attempt is supported by Dmitry Medvedev, who ordered the Russian Prime Minister (Vladimir Putin) to start dealing with the implementation of concrete projects pertaining to the Games, and by Sergei Gurov, the minister of sports, tourism and youth policy of the Krasnoyarsk region. Russia will be the host country to a number of upcoming major sport events: 2013 Summer Universiade in Kazan, 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, from 2014 Formula One will visit Russia (Sochi) and the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Also Valais, Switzerland, was as the candidate but pulled out in September 2013. Thus, Krasnoyarsk became the only candidate city for the Games. FISU announced Krasnoyarsk as the host city in November 9, 2013. Russia is the first time to host Winter Universiade.
On 3 April 2013, FISU, officially confirmed two candidate cities:
On 9 November 2013, FISU attributed Krasnoyarsk as host city of the 2019 Winter Universiade after Valais withdraw its bid in September 2013.
The Universiade logo features the colors of the Russian flag with a predominantly pure white polyhedron with red and blue solid and dashed edges. Below are the Olympic stars, symbolizing the five continents.
The Universiade slogans are: "Real Winter", "Welcome to Winter" and "100% Winter". The mascot is "U-Laika", a Siberian Husky standing on its hind legs with a salutating right front paw and a red scarf around his neck. It symbolized energy, joy, friendship and loyalty.
There will be events in eleven sports. In one of them, bandy, it will be in form of demonstration, meaning medals be awarded but will not count in the overall standing. In 2017 International University Sports Federation made bandy a recognised sport.
- "Krasnoyarsk ready to host Universiade 2019". Olga Pshenitsyna, Vladimir Koretsky. english.ruvr.ru. 2012-01-29. Retrieved 2013-02-02.
- Brasilia and Krasnoyarsk to host 2019 Summer and Winter Universiades
- "Candidate cities for 2019 Summer and Winter Universiade unveiled". gamesbids. gamesbids. 2013-04-03. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Attribution of the 2019 Winter and Summer Universiades". FISU. FISU.net. 2013-11-09. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- SPORT TYPES
- FISU recognises four more sports - Powerlifting, Kickboxing, Finswimming and Bandy are now FISU recognised sports