2019 World Aquatics Championships
|18th FINA World Championships|
|Host city||Gwangju, South Korea|
The 2019 World Aquatics Championships — 18th FINA World Aquatics Championships will be held in Gwangju, South Korea in the summer of 2019. The city has hosted the 2015 Summer Universiade aquatics events in the same venues.
The host was announced on 19 July 2013 on the biennial General Congress of FINA in Barcelona, the host-city of the 2013 World Aquatics Championships. Budapest was awarded the 2021 Championships in the same vote, though in 2015 it was announced that they will host the 2017 Championships due to Guadalajara's withdrawal.
Most of the competitions will be held at the Main Aquatics Centre, built for the 2015 Summer Universiade, also hosted in Gwangju. The Aquatics Centre will host the swimming and diving competitions, and there will be two adjacent outdoor temporary venues for synchronised swimming and water polo.
- Aquatics Centre (swimming, diving)
- Synchronised Swimming Venue (synchronised swimming)
- Water Polo Venue (water polo)
- Naju Lake (open water swimming, high diving)
Notes and references
-  (Gwangju, Budapest win right to host worlds); posted by Reuters on 2013-07-19.
- Our Plan posted by gwangju2019.com; retrieved 2013-07-19.
- "FINA partners with Universal Sports: new media rights agreement in the USA until 2021". FINA. 27 January 2014. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "NBCUniversal acquires Universal Sports programming from World Championship Sports Network". NBC Sports Group. 6 July 2017. Retrieved 14 September 2016.