2019 World Beach Games
|Host city||San Diego|
|Events||15 sports (in 17 disciplines)|
|Opening ceremony||October 10|
|Closing ceremony||October 15|
|Main venue||Mission Beach|
|Website||World Beach Games 2019|
The 2019 World Beach Games, officially known as the 2019 ANOC World Beach Games and commonly known as San Diego 2019, is an inaugural international beach multi-sport event organized by the Association of National Olympic Committees that holds between 10 and 15 October 2019 in San Diego, California, United States, with the opening rounds for certain events hold on 4 October 2019, the eve of the opening ceremony.
On 30 October 2015, San Diego was unanimously approved as host of the inaugural World Beach Games at the ANOC General Assembly in Washington D.C..Sarasota, Sochi, Dubai and a city in China were the other candidate cities which made bids to host the games.
The games were originally scheduled to be held from September 29, 2017, till October 9, 2017. However, in August 2016 it was announced to be postponed to 2019.
Development and preparation
- 3x3 basketball (2) ( )
- BMX racing ( )
- Beach soccer (2) ( )
- Beach handball (2) ( )
- Karate kata (2) ( )
- Kiteboarding (2) ( )
- Sport climbing
- Bouldering (2) ( )
- Open water swimming (2) ( )
- Beach tennis (2) ( )
- Aquathlon (3) ( )
- 4x4 beach volleyball (2) ( )
- Beach wrestling (4) ( )
Numbers in parentheses indicate the number of medal events contested in each separate discipline.
Participating National Olympic Committees
|OC||Opening ceremony||●||Event competitions||1||Event finals||CC||Closing ceremony|
|Triathlon – Aquathlon||2||1||3|
|Basketball – 3x3 basketball||●||●||1||1||2|
|Cycling – BMX||●|
|Sport climbing – Bouldering||●||2||2|
|Handball – Beach handball||●||●||●||●||●||2||2|
|Karate – Individual kata||1||1||2|
|Sailing – Kitefoil racing||●||●||2||2|
|Skateboarding – Park||●|
|Football – Beach socer||●||●||●||●||●||2||2|
|Surfing – Shortboard||●||●||2||2|
|Surfing – Longboard||●||2||2|
|Swimming – Open water||2||2|
|Tennis – Beach tennis||●||●||●||3||3|
|Beach volleyball – 4x4||●||●||●||●||2||2|
|Waterskiing – Waterski Jump||●||2||2|
|Waterskiing – Wakeboard||●||2||2|
|Wrestling – Beach wrestling||2||2||4|
- "San Diego Awarded Inaugural 2017 ANOC World Beach Games". ANOC. 30 October 2015. Archived from the original on 2015-11-18. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- Garske, Monica (30 October 2015). "San Diego Chosen as Host City for Inaugural 'World Beach Games'". NBC San Diego. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- Butler, Nick (27 October 2015). "Exclusive: San Diego set to be awarded first ANOC World Beach Games in 2017". Inside the Games. Washington D.C.: Dunsar Media Company Limited. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- ANOC postpones inaugural World Beach Games - Sport Business, 5 August 2016
- "ANOC confirm 15 sports and 17 disciplines for first World Beach Games". 24 May 2018. Retrieved 5 January 2019.