2019 in Hong Kong
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 2019|
History of Hong Kong • Timeline • Years
Events in the year 2019 in Hong Kong.
- Chief Executive: Carrie Lam
- Cheating scandal between Andy Hui and Jacqueline Wong
- March 31 to present - 2019 Hong Kong protests against the extradition bill.
- June 17 - Joshua Wong was released from prison.
- August 15 - Democracy activist Benny Tai is released on bail.
- August 22 — Protests in enter their 12th week as police reintroduced water-cannons and tear gas.
- 3 January – Michael Yeung, Roman Catholic prelate, Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong (b. 1945).
- Jessie Yeung; Sandy Sidu (August 25, 2019), "Live ammunition, petrol bombs and water cannons mark violent escalation in Hong Kong protests", CNN.com, retrieved August 25, 2019
- "Hong Kong Catholic Bishop Michael Yeung dies at 73". hongkongfp.com. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- "Tributes flow for Hong Kong's first Chinese prosecutor Patrick Yu, after death at 96". scmp.com. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- Veteran Hong Kong deputy to National People’s Congress Peter Wong Man-kong dies at age 70