2019 in India
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||List of years in India|
Timeline of Indian history
- 1 Incumbents
- 2 Events
- 3 Publications
- 4 Deaths
- 5 See also
- 6 References
Government of India
- 2 January – Government approves merger of Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank with Bank of Baroda.
- 3 January – Rajya Sabha Passes National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill.
- 4 January – Arunima Sinha becomes world’s first woman amputee to scale Mount Vinson.
- 7 January – Centre clears 10 per cent quota for economically weak in general category.
- Pulwama attack: A convoy of vehicles carrying security personnel on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway was attacked by a suicide bomber near Pulwama District, Jammu and Kashmir on 14 February.
- 2019 Assam alcohol poisonings: Atleast 168 people died after consuming poisonous liquor and more than 300 admitted in hospitals in Jorhat and Golaghat districts on 21–25 February.
- 2019 Balakot airstrike was carried out by indian air force crossing the Line of Control directed against a terrorist training camp.
- 27 March – India becomes 4th nation to have Anti-satellite missile.
- 11 April - Voting for the 2019 Indian general election began
- 3 May - Cyclone Fani arrives on the coast of Odisha
- 23 May - Counting and declaration of results for the 2019 Indian general election. Narendra Modi secures landslide victory.
- 24 May - Surat Fire Tragedy; 22 Deaths and 17 Non-fatal injuries.
- 30 May - Narendra Modi takes oath as 14th Prime Minister of india.
- July 19 - Vidisha Baliyan becomes the first Indian to be crowned as Miss Deaf World after winning the Miss Deaf World 2019.
- July 30 - India bans triple talaq.
- August 5
- Schools and Colleges are shut down in Pune, Mumbai, Nashik in Maharashtra due to floods.
- August 7 - Over 1.32 lakh peoples are evacuated in Sangli and Kolhapur districts of Maharashtra state due to heavy rains.
- August 16 - Millions of residents in Jammu and Kashmir still have no communication with the outside world, eleven days after the Government of India imposed restrictions on August 5. Meanwhile, 11 deaths (3 Pakistani soldiers, 6 Indian soldiers, 2 Pakistani civilians) have been reported in the Kashmir region.
- August 17 - Fire brokes out in Emergency Ward of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. No casulties reported.
- August 22 - Former Finance minister P Chidambaram is arrested by CBI under INX media scam charges after 27 hours long drama.
- September 5 - Erramatti Mangamma becomes the world's oldest living mother after giving birth to twins.
- September 6 – Chandrayaan-2, India's second lunar partially successful. Vikram, the lander, crashes into the surface of the moon.
- September 16 — Jammu & Kashmir National Conference president Farooq Abdullah is arrested under the Public Safety Act (PSA), a law that allows detention without trial for two years.
- September 22 — U.S. president Donald Trump and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi address 50,000 Indian Americans at the Howdy, Modi: Shared Dreams Bright Feature rally in NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2019)
- January 2
- January 3
- January 8 – Jayantilal Bhanusali, Indian politician (b. 1964)
- January 9 – Mahendra Mewati, Indian actor (b. 1969)
- January 11
- January 14
- January 15 - Biraj Kumar Sarma, Indian politician (b. 1948)
- January 16 - Vishnu Hari Dalmia, Indian industrialist, (b. 1924)
- January 17 - S. Balakrishnan, Indian film score composer and music director (b. 1949)
- January 19
- January 21
- January 23 – Sitaram Rao Valluri, Indian-born American engineer (b. 1924)
- January 25 – Krishna Sobti, Indian author (b. 1925)
- January 29 – George Fernandes, Indian politician (b. 1930)
- January 30 – Dara Dotiwalla, Indian cricket umpire (b. 1933)
- February 1 – Thuppettan, Indian Malayalam playwright (b. 1929)
- February 2 – Arunendu Das, Indian musician (b. 1937)
- February 3
- February 4 – Ramesh Bhatkar, Indian actor (b. 1948)
- February 5 – Ladu Kishore Swain, Indian politician (b. 1947)
- February 6 – Chakradhar Sahu, Indian film director (b. 1963)
- February 7 – Chavara Parukutty Amma, Indian dancer and teacher (b. 1943)
- February 8
- February 9 – Satyajit Biswas, Indian politician (b. 1983)
- February 11 – Vijaya Bapineedu, Indian film director (b. 1936)
- February 12
- February 14 – Francis D'Souza, Indian politician (b. 1954)
- February 18 – Ram Shankar Tripathi, Scholar of Buddhism, editor and author (b. 1929)
- February 19 – Namvar Singh, Indian writer (b. 1926)
- February 20 – Nandyala Srinivasa Reddy, Indian politician (b. 1918)
- February 21 – Rajkumar Barjatya, Indian movie producer
- February 22 – Kodi Ramakrishna, Indian film director (b. 1949)
- February 23
- February 26 – Uday Bhanu Hans, Indian poet (b. 1926)
- March 1 – Dhritikanta Lahiri Choudhury, Indian naturalist (b. 1931)
- March 4 – V. Dhananjay Kumar, Indian politician (b. 1951)
- March 5 – Boro Maa, Indian religious leader (b. 1918)
- March 6 – Typist Gopu, Indian actor (b. 1933)
- March 11 – Sundar Lal Tiwari, Indian politician (b. 1957)
- March 14 – Rosamma Chacko, Indian politician (b. 1927)
- March 15 – Y. S. Vivekananda Reddy, Indian politician (b. 1950)
- March 17
- March 19 – S. B. Sinha, Indian judge (b. 1944)
- March 21 – Haku Shah, Indian artist (b. 1934)
- March 22 – C. S. Shivalli, Indian politician (b. 1962)
- March 23 – Vinjamuri Anasuya Devi, Indian singer and composer (b. 1920)
- March 27 – Ashitha, Indian writer (b. 1956)
- April 1 – Dilip Sarkar, Indian politician (b. 1958)
- April 2 – J. Mahendran, Indian film director and actor (b. 1939)
- April 5 – Anandavally, Indian actress (b. 1952)
- April 9
- April 10 – Drupad Borgohain, Indian politician (b. 1941)
- April 11 – Vijay Dev, 78, Indian academic.
- April 13
- April 14 – Nand Lal, 74, Indian politician.
- April 16 – Abraham D. Mattam, 96, Indian Syro-Malabar Catholic hierarch, Bishop of Satna (1968–1999).
- April 20
- April 22 – Simon Kaipuram, 65, Indian Roman Catholic prelate, Bishop of Balasore (since 2013).
- April 25 – Vidya Sagar Chaudhary, 85, Indian politician.
- April 27 – Vasanthi Stanley, 56, Indian politician, MP (2008–2014).
- April 30 – S. P. Y. Reddy, 68, Indian politician, MP (since 2004), lung infection.
- May 1 – B. Subhashan Reddy, Indian judge,former Chief Justice of Madras High Court and Kerala High Court (b. 1943)
- May 2 – Master Hirannaiah, Indian actor (b. 1934)
- May 3 – V. Viswanatha Menon, Indian politician (b. 1927)
- May 8 – N. R. Madhava Menon, Indian legal educator (b. 1935)
- May 10
- May 11 – Yogesh Chander Deveshwar, Indian businessman, former Chairman and CEO of ITC Limited (b. 1947)
- May 12 – Hiralal Yadav, Indian folk singer (b. 1926)
- May 15 – Neerav Patel, Indian poet (b. 1950)
- May 17 – Rallapalli, 73, Indian actor (Bombay, Minsara Kanavu, Anveshana).
- May 19 – Vijaya Mulay, 98, Indian film director, historian and educationist
- May 20 – Adrish Bardhan, 86, Indian science fiction writer
- May 21 – Tirong Aboh, Indian politician
- May 22 – Surya Prakash, 79, Indian artist.
- May 23
- May 27
- June 2 – P. K. Dharmalingam, Indian cricketer (b. 1936)
- June 3 – Ruma Guha Thakurata, Indian actress and singer (b. 1934)
- June 4 – Geevarghese Mar Timotheos, Indian Eastern Catholic prelate (b. 1928)
- June 5 – Dinyar Contractor, Indian actor (b. 1940)
- June 10
- June 14 – S. Sivasubramanian, Indian politician (b. 1937)
- June 19 – D. K. Chowta, Indian businessman, writer, artist, and theatre personality (b. 1938)
- July 2 – Rabin Mondal, Indian painter (b. 1929)
- July 3
- July 4 – H. Gopal Bhandary, Indian politician (b. 1952)
- July 6 – K. L. Shivalinge Gowda, Indian politician (b. 1926)
- July 7 – R. Ramakrishnan, Indian politician, industrialist, and philanthropist (b. 1946)
- July 12 – M. J. Radhakrishnan, Indian cinematographer (b. 1957)
- July 13 – Sadashiv Vasantrao Gorakshkar, Indian writer and art curator (b. 1933)
- July 14 – Rahul Desikan, Indian-American neuroscientist and neuroradiologist (b. 1978)
- July 16 – Raja Dhale, Indian writer, artist and activist (b. 1940)
- July 18 – P. Rajagopal, Indian businessman and convicted murderer (b. 1947)
- July 20 – Sheila Dikshit, Indian politician (b. 1938)
- July 21
- July 23 – Charan Narzary, Indian politician (b. 1933)
- July 26 – Attoor Ravi Varma, Indian poet and translator (b. 1930)
- July 27 – Samprada Singh, Indian businessman (b. 1925)
- August 2 – Devadas Kanakala, Indian actor (b. 1945)
- August 4 – Kanti Bhatt, Indian author, journalist and columnist (b. 1931)
- August 6 – Sushma Swaraj, Indian politician (b. 1952)
- August 7 – J. Om Prakash, Indian film director and producer (b. 1926)
- August 8
- August 14 – V. B. Chandrasekhar, Indian cricketer (b. 1961)
- August 15
- August 17
- August 19
- August 20 – Akhilesh Kumar Singh, Indian politician (b. 1959)
- August 21 – Babulal Gaur, Indian politician (b. 1930)
- August 24 – Arun Jaitley, Indian politician (b. 1952)
- September 5 – Kiran Nagarkar, Indian novelist, playwright and screenwriter (b. 1942)
- September 6 – Sukhdev Singh Libra, Indian politician (b. 1932)
- September 8
- September 16
- September 17
- September 18 – Shyam Ramsay, Indian film director (b. 1952)
- September 19 – S. K. Padmadevi, Indian actress (b. 1924)
- September 21 – Naramalli Sivaprasad, Indian actor (b. 1951)
- September 23 – Madhav Apte, Indian cricketer (b. 1932)
- September 25 – Venu Madhav, Indian actor and comedian (b. 1968)
|Wikinews has related news: Category: India|
- "Cabinet clears merger of Dena Bank, Vijaya Bank with BoB". Retrieved 2019-01-02.
- "Rajya Sabha Passes National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill".
- "Arunima Sinha becomes world's first woman amputee to scale Mount Vinson, PM Modi congratulates her".
- "Centre clears 10 per cent quota for economically weak in general category".
- "Mission Shakti successful: India becomes 4th space super power by destroying a live LEO satellite".
- "Vidisha Baliyan is first Indian to win Miss Deaf World 2019 crown". femina.in. Retrieved 2019-08-27.
- "Meet Vidisha Baliyan, the first Indian to be honoured with Miss Deaf World 2019 crown". DNA India. 2019-07-29. Retrieved 2019-08-27.
- Swati Gupta (August 16, 2019), "Kashmir: 11 Days of Lockdown", CNN.com, retrieved August 16, 2019
- "11 Die in Kashmir as Pakistani & Indian Troops Exchange Fire", Domocracy Now.org, August 16, 2019, retrieved August 16, 2019
- "'Oldest' mum alive delivers twins at the age of 74". DNA India. 2019-09-06. Retrieved 2019-09-06.
- "Abdullah's arrest leaves India with few allies in Kashmir", Al Jazeera, Sep 19, 2019, retrieved Sep 22, 2019
- ANITA KUMAR (Sep 22, 2019), "At a rally like no other, Trump woos Indian American voters ahead of 2020", Politico, retrieved Sep 22, 2019
- Sachin Tendulkar’s coach Ramakant Achrekar dies aged 87
- Jesuit theologian with an Asian perspective passes away
- Former Bombay HC Justice Chandrashekhar Dharmadhikari dies
- Bengali writer Dibyendu Palit passes away
- বছর শুরুতেই স্বজনবিয়োগ, নিঃশব্দে শেষযাত্রা কবির (in Bengali)
- Gujarat BJP Leader, 53, Shot Dead On Moving Train
- RIP महेन्द्र मेवाती: अभिनय के शहंशाह का जाना... (in Hindi)
- Kishore Pradhan: ज्येष्ठ अभिनेते किशोर प्रधान यांचं निधन (in Marathi)
- Meera Sanyal, ace banker who joined AAP, dies at 57
- Bishop Charles Soreng
- Senior Congress Leader Shivajirao Deshmukh Dies At 84
- Veteran filmmaker Lenin Rajendran dies
- RSS ideologue Devendra Swarup dies at 93
- Assam: One of signatories of Assam Accord Biraj Kumar Sarma passes away
- Malayalam music composer S Balakrishnan dies at 69
- Eminent neurologist Jagjit Chopra dies
- Haryana MLA Jaswinder Sandhu dies at 63 while battling from cancer
- Former India hockey player Raghbir Bhola passes away
- Obituary: Siddaganga Seer Shivakumara Swami Embodied Lingayat Dharma
- A Tribute to Dr S R Valluri, former director of CSIR-NAL and visionary aero-scientist
- Hindi author Krishna Sobti dies at 93
- "George Fernandes, Former Defence Minister, Dies At 88 After Long Illness". NDTV.com.
- Former Test umpire Dara Dotiwalla passes away
- Theatre artiste Thuppettan passes away
- Arunendu Das, pioneer of alternative Bengali songwriting, passes away
- पूर्व सांसद एवं भाजपा जिलाध्यक्ष जितेंद्र सिंह बुंदेला का निधन (in Hindi)
- Tapan Mitra
- Veteran actor Ramesh Bhatkar passes away at 70
- Bhubaneswar: BJD’s Aska MP Ladu Kishore Swain dies at 71
- Chakradhar Sahu dead
- Mahesh Anand death: TV was on, food plate and alcohol found near actor's body
- Former Industry Minister in then Modi led Gujarat govt Anil Patel passes away
- Writer, ex-Dy Speaker Vishnu Wagh no more
- Telugu filmmaker Vijaya Bapineedu dies at 82
- In Memoriam : Major General Afsir Karim, AVSM
- Former Delhi pacer Suresh Luthra dies
- पद्मश्री प्रो.राम शकर त्रिपाठी का निधन (in Hindi)
- Acclaimed Hindi author Namvar Singh dies at 92
- Communist leader Nandyala Srinivas Reddy passes away
- Film producer Rajkumar Barjatya, father of Sooraj Barjatya, dies in Mumbai
- Veteran Telugu filmmaker Kodi Ramakrishna dies
- Veteran Kannada writer Ko Channabasappa no more
- AIADMK MP S Rajendran dies in road accident
- हरियाणा के राज्य कवि उदयभानु हंस का निधन, 93 साल की उम्र में ली अंतिम सांस (in Hindi)
- Elephant expert Dhriti Kanta dies at 87
- "Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Wanted To Serve Goa "Till Last Breath"". NDTV.com.
- Tripura BJP MLA Dilip Sarkar dies at 61
- A big loss for cinema: veteran actor-director Mahendran no more
- Malayalam dubbing artiste Anandavally passes away at 67
- CM chairs high-level meet; directs forces to respond to Naxals
- Veteran Kerala political leader KM Mani passes away at 86
- Veteran Communist Leader Drupad Borgohain Dies. He Was 78
- माजी प्राचार्य, लेखक डॉ. विजय देव यांचे निधन (in Hindi)
- An IAS officer Keral revered: Dr. D Babu Paul passes away
- Actor-politician JK Rithesh dies at 46
- Former Isro scientist SK Shivakumar dies at 66
- Former Balachaur MLA Nand Lal dies at 74
- Mar Abraham Mattam passes away
- BJD candidate and former Odisha finance minister passes away
- Madras/Chennai historian Muthiah dies at 89
- Folk ace Amar Pal passes away at 96, CM expresses condolences
- Bishop Simon Kaipuram
- Former HP minister Chaudhary Vidyasagar dies
- Former DMK MP Vasanthi Stanley passes away
- Nandyal MP SPY Reddy dies aged 69
- Neerav Patel, poet and pioneer of Dalit literature in Gujarat, passes away; but power of his verses lives on
- Telugu actor Rallapalli passes away
- Film historian and educationist Vijaya Mulay passes away
- Master of Bangla science fiction Adrish Bardhan dies aged 86
- NPP MLA & 10 Others Killed by Terrorists in AP, Search Op Underway
- Eminent artist Surya Prakash passes away in Hyderabad
- Zakir Musa: Thousands mourn India's 'most wanted' militant
- Odisha Mountaineer Kalpana Dash Dies On Mt Everest
- Samajwadi Party Leader Kamlesh Balmiki Found Dead At Home In UP
- Action choreographer-filmmaker Veeru Devgan passes away
- Ex BJP MP Hariom Singh Rathore dies at 61
- Assam: Former Tezpur MP MK Subba passes away
- Former TN women's team and renowned coach Dharmalingam passes away
- Actor-singer Ruma Guha Thakurta passes away
- Former bishop Geevarghese Mar Timotheos, 91, passes away
- Dinyar Contractor, veteran of Mumbai's English theatre, dies at 79
- DMK leader and former Puducherry CM RV Janakiraman dies
- "Girish Karnad, Veteran Actor and Jnanpith Awardee, Dies Aged 81". HuffPost India. June 10, 2019.
- Shocking! Crazy Mohan passes away
- DMK leader Sivasubramanian passes away
- Mangaluru: Veteran theatre personality, author Dr D K Chowta passes away
- Artist Rabin Mondal passes away at 90
- Ex-Uttarakhand Governor Sudershan Agarwal passes away
- Nonagerian industrialist BK Birla passes away
- Former MLA Gopal Bhandary dies of heart attack in bus
- ಆರ್ಎಸ್ಎಸ್ ಕಟ್ಟಾಳು ಬಿ.ಎಲ್. ಸಂತೋಷ್ಗೆ ಮಹತ್ವದ ಜವಾಬ್ದಾರಿ; ಬಿಜೆಪಿ ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಪ್ರಧಾನ ಕಾರ್ಯದರ್ಶಿಯಾಗಿ ನೇಮಕ (in Kannada)
- Former AIADMK MP R. Ramakrishnan passes away
- Cinematographer M. J. Radhakrishnan passes away
- ज्येष्ठ वस्तुसंग्रहालयतज्ज्ञ पद्मश्री सदाशिव गोरक्षकर यांचं निधन (in Hindi)
- Rahul Desikan, MD, PhD (1978-2019)
- Raja Dhale, Author & Founder of Dalit Panthers, Dies
- Saravana Bhavan founder P. Rajagopal, facing life term for murder, dies
- Sheila Dikshit, Three-time Delhi Chief Minister and Congress Leader, Passes Away at 81
- Former Delhi BJP chief Mange Ram Garg dies of illness
- Lok Sabha member and Lok Jankshati party leader Ramchandra Paswan dead
- Bodo Movement leader Charan Narzary passes away at 87
- Pioneer poet Attoor Ravi Varma passes away
- Alkem Laboratories founder Samprada Singh passes away
- Senior Actor Devadas Kanakala Passed Away
- ગુજરાતી કટાર લેખક-પત્રકાર કાંતિ ભટ્ટનું નિધન, લાંબા સમયથી હતા બીમાર (in Gujarati)
- BJP Leader And Former Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj Dies At 67
- Hrithik Roshan's grandfather, filmmaker J. Om Prakash, dies in Mumbai
- Era Anbarasu, Former Congress MP, dies
- Legal expert Shamnad Basheer found dead
- Former India opener VB Chandrasekhar dies aged 57
- প্রয়াত বড়জোড়ার প্রাক্তন বিধায়ক (in Bengali)
- Veteran actress Vidya Sinha dies at 71
- Padma Shri awardee Damodar Bapat dies at 84
- Veteran DD News anchor Neelum Sharma dies
- Eminent educationist Taburam Taid passes away in Guwahati
- Music composer Khayyam passes away at 92
- Bihar former CM Jagannath Mishra passes away in Delhi
- Akhilesh Singh, father of Congress MLA Aditi Singh from Raebareli, Passed Away
- Babulal Gaur, former MP chief minister and senior BJP leader, dies in Bhopal
- Arun Jaitley passes away at 66
- Author Kiran Nagarkar passes away at 77 in Mumbai
- Congress leader Sukhdev Singh Libra passes away at 87
- "Ram Jethmalani, Eminent Supreme Court Lawyer and Former Law Minister, Passes Away at 96". News18. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- Sheikh Yusuf Motala - a pioneer of Islam in Britain - dies
- "Congress veteran BJ Khatal Patil passes away at 100". Ahmedabad Mirror.
- "Andhra Pradesh: Ex-Speaker Kodela Siva Prasad Rao commits suicide". 16 September 2019. Retrieved 16 September 2019.
- Former PAU vice chancellor Khem Singh Gill passes away at 89
- Malayalam actor Sathar passes away
- Film-maker Shyam Ramsay passes away at 67
- Veteran Kannada actress SK Padmadevi passes away at 95
- ---report NARAMALLI SIVA PRASAD report
- Viswanath, G. (23 September 2019). "Former cricketer Madhav Apte passes away". The Hindu. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- Venu Madhav breathes his last at 50