2019 in Iran
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 2019|
Years in Iran
Events in the year 2019 in Iran.
- Supreme Leader of Iran: Ali Khamenei
- President of Iran: Hassan Rouhani
- Parliament of Iran: Ali Larijani
- Judiciary System of Iran: Sadeq Larijani (until 7 March), Ebrahim Raisi (since 7 March)
- 14 January – 2019 Saha Airlines Boeing 707 crash
- 13 February – 2019 Khash–Zahedan suicide bombing
- 2 September — Sahar Khodayari sets herself on fire after being arrested for attending a soccer game. She dies a week later.
- Ongoing since 2018 – 2018–19 Persian Gulf Pro League
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2019)
- 9 January - Bijan Samandar, Iranian poet and musician. (death announced on this date) (b. 1941)
- 9 February - Farhad Ebrahimi, Iranian poet and writer. (b. 1935)
- 22 February - Yadollah Samareh, Iranian linguist (b. 1932)
- 16 April - Ahmad Eghtedari, Iranian teacher, lawyer and writer, complications from lung and kidney deficiencies. (b. 1925)
- 26 April - Nasser Farbod, Iranian political activist and military officer, Chief of Staff (1979). (b. 1922)
- 10 June - Alireza Shir Mohammad Ali, Iranian political prisoner, stabbed. (b. 1998)
- 25 June - Alinaghi Alikhani, 90, Iranian economist and politician, Minister of Economics (1963–1969).
- 26 June - Morteza Saffari Natanzi, Iranian politician, MP (since 2016), pancreatic cancer. (b. 1956)
- 6 July - Parviz Jalayer, 79, Iranian weightlifter, Olympic silver medalist (1968) and Asian Games champion (1966). (b. 1939)
- "Iran: Shocking death of football fan who set herself on fire exposes impact of contempt for women's rights", Amnesty International, Sep 10, 2019, retrieved Sep 10, 2019
- "Iran chess master Khosro Harandi passes away". tehrantimes.com. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- دبیرکل حزب موتلفه اسلامی درگذشت (Motalafeh Secretary General dies) (in Persian)
- Iranian artist Monir Farmanfarmaian passes away