2019 in North Korea
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 2019|
Years in North Korea
Timeline of Korean history
2019 in South Korea
- Premier: Pak Pong-ju (until 11 April); Kim Jae-ryong (starting 11 April)
- President of the Supreme People's Assembly: Kim Yong-nam (until 11 April); Choe Ryong-hae (starting 11 April)
- Supreme leader: Kim Jong-un
- 1 January: Pyongyang saw in the new year with fireworks, a drone show, and a concert that featured Mansudae Art Troupe, the Phibada Opera Troupe, the National Folk Art Troupe, Kim Won Gyun University of Music, and the Moranbong Band.
- 10 March: Parliamentary election.
- 11 April: During the first session of the 14th Supreme People's Assembly, Kim Jae-ryong is appointed premier, replacing Pak Pong-ju after 6 years, and Choe Ryong-hae is appointed president of the presidium, replacing Kim Yong-nam after 21 years.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2019)
- Zwirko, Colin (1 January 2019). "North Korea rings in new year with midnight concert, drone show". NK News.
- "N.K. leader re-elected as chairman of State Affairs Commission". Yonhap. Retrieved 12 April 2019.